Brewer Fanatic

2019-07-04: Brewers (Woodruff) at Reds (Castillo) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 1-0 -- Brewers held to two hits as they’re shutout for second consecutive game]

Eye Black
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With all the talk about coaching changes, it sounds like our friends 90 miles south are getting very impatient. The phrase “ton of changes” if performance doesn’t improve was used by Theo yesterday. I could see Mark Loretta taking over with David Ross as bench coach. The hitting and pitching coaches have strong ties with Jed so they might be safe for now. Those kinds of changes seem more realistic than any that we would make in season relative to all the talk about pitching and hitting coaches here.

I hope Shaw gets hot and comes back soon. Only partially kidding. Hiura hasn’t had the impact many were hoping for.

At least he moved the runner over. Can’t say much for the left handed all star batting before him

:) :)

I hope Shaw gets hot and comes back soon. Only partially kidding. Hiura hasn’t had the impact many were hoping for.

He strikes out a lot, but has also made a ton of hard contact. He’s not exactly high on the list of offensive issues.

Is Stearns going to do something to shake this team up?? Or is he just going to sit idly by and let the titanic keep sinking?? By the time he actually wakes up and does something, the team will be out of first place and out of the playoff hunt. Irresponsible to have allowed this to go on this long without doing SOMETHING(and calling up Hiura doesn't count).

He hasn't been the savior, but it hasn't been nearly all his fault, either. He's been ok.

Shaw's nightmare season has continued in San Antonio so far. Hitting. 205 in AAA, 0 for 3 with 2 K's yesterday. He's certainly not making them regret the decision.

Hiura had one of the 2 paltry brewer hits today and was on base twice...tough for any one player to suddenly make the rest of a mlb roster hit. I get your point but it seems like a reach when Keston is far from looking the worst at the plate for this club right now.

There's not one guy in our lineups who if played "regularly" (at least 80% of our games) would not easily strike out at least 100 times for the season. We don't have contact hitters--guys that just look to put the ball in play.

Therefore, this offense is terribly inconsistent.

Is it the hitting approach or simply the roster makeup?

Archived