Brewer Fanatic

As Unscientific As It Gets - Predictions for the Second Half

willie key

Sitting at 45-39 and tied for first place is all you can ask for a very uneven and somewhat disappointing first half performance wise. To be honest I thought the first half talking points were pretty boring. There was really no debate over guys like Shaw Aguilar, burnes, Nelson etc. everyone is on the same page

Out of boredom I just decided to give one dudes opinions on the roster and if they will improve or regress the second. Leading to the most unscientific prediction of the second half for the brewers

Grandal - around same performance

Thames/Aguilar. Better or even

Hiura. Definitely better than Shaw first half. How could it not.

Arcia. Better

Moose. Worse

Yelich. Worse

Cain. Better. (For god sakes, I hope]

Braun/gamel. Slightly worse

Davies. Worse

Woodruff. Good performance that I think gets even better

Chacin. Better?????? But huge question marks in that

Chase. Ugh

5th pitcher. Who even knows

Guerra, albers, houser. Probably,worse

Burnes, peralta. Better be better

Jeffress. Same

Hader. Is a god.

Just looking at that pitching staff I am slightly pessimistic on a playoff spot unless 85 wins gets you in. 40-38 or 41-37 second half is what I think is realistic

Community Moderator

Dodgers = #1 seed

Atlanta, Philly, Washington, Milwaukee, Chicago, St. Louis, Colorado, San Diego & Arizona all finish with the exact same record & tiebreaker chaos ensues to determine NL Central/East Champions & the wild cards.

Dodgers lose their mojo from having nothing to play for over the last couple two tree months of the season (plus all the downtime while tiebreaker chaos is ensuing) & get swept in the NLDS.

The vision gets cloudy from there.

Dodgers = #1 seed

Atlanta, Philly, Washington, Milwaukee, Chicago, St. Louis, Colorado, San Diego & Arizona all finish with the exact same record & tiebreaker chaos ensues to determine NL Central/East Champions & the wild cards.

Dodgers lose their mojo from having nothing to play for over the last couple two tree months of the season (plus all the downtime while tiebreaker chaos is ensuing) & get swept in the NLDS.

The vision gets cloudy from there.

Who cares about the national league championship. I want to know who we beat in the World Series and if it will be in 4 or 5 games

:)

Community Moderator

When the calendar flips to July every player on the Brewers immediately flips the switch on and improves. The Brewers go on a massive tear over the ensuing six weeks.

On Sunday, August 4th the Brewers complete a sweep of the Cubs at Wrigley and improve to an incredible 67-46 (a 22-7 stretch since the beginning of July). Yelich has gone on a torrent HR pace after his Home Run Derby championship actually improved his swing. Sitting on 44 home runs he is now on pace to hit more home runs in a single season than any non-PED user in history.

The Brewers proceed to then go 7-1 over the next 10 days culminating in a two game sweep of the AL’s hottest team, the Twins, on Wednesday, August 14th. In the process of improving to 74-47 the Brewers have surpassed the stumbling Dodgers to take over the distinction of having the best record in the NL.

The Brewers have an off day followed by a planned trip to D.C. when word spreads of an impending player strike. The 9th work stoppage in MLB history wipes out the remainder of the season. The Brewers and their fans are left feeling like the 1994 Expos... this should have been OUR year.

Despite having two years left on the collective bargaining agreement, in an unprecedented move the owners agree to completely restructure the agreement. By late December a resolution inevitably comes in the labor strife.

On New Year’s Eve the Wilpon’s fire GM Brodie Van Wagenen in what is deemed a failed experiment. Despite a clearly dysfunctional organization, the draw of pulling the strings for the team of his childhood proves too strong. On January 3, 2020, David Stearns is announced the Vice President of Baseball Operations for the New York Mets. Following his introductory press conference Stearns tells disgraced manager Mickey Callaway there will be no tomorrow, he’s out. The next day Stearns names Derek Johnson the 22nd manager in the history of the New York Metropolitans. Johnson cites looking to take a break from family as a motivation to spend his summers in the Big Apple. The End.

—————————————————————————

YeZpij.gif

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I think this team will flip a switch like the 2011 team did. The offense is good or has that potential. Hiura could be a huge help as will 1B improving. We can go get the pitching and I think we do. Not sure we win the division, but postseason will happen.

First of all, sveumrules, that was brilliant! I literally laughed out loud, even though it's almost midnight. Just a great post! Someday, I hope something like a 4 or 5 way tie happens.

I'm going to predict a winning July (4 games over .500 for the month.)

In August, after having acquired a pitcher or two, they take off and lose only 7 or 8 times in the month.

September becomes a brutal effort of the Brewers clubbing teams like a baby seal, losing only 6 games and taking the division over the Cubs, who stumble after half their rotation gets hurt, Kimbrel blows 4 saves, and Rizzo breaks his (insert bone here) after a HBP because he's practically standing on the plate every time up.

In the playoffs, the Cubs and Cardinals square off for the wild card and play 16 innings. Whoever wins gets swept by the Dodgers.

The Brewers take on the Braves and win the division series in 4 games, with a Freddie Freeman walkoff in game 1 being the only blemish in the series. (I don't mean that the Brewers shut them out in the other three games.)

Dodgers-Brewers in the NLCS and THIS TIME the Crew splits the first two at Dodger Stadium, before coming home and taking 2 of 3 before clinching the series in game six when trade acquisition ____________________ throws 8 sparkling innings of 3-hit ball before Josh Hader strikes out the side in the ninth.

As for the World Series . . . . . . . I don't know, because I'll probably be dead by that point! But I could see the Brewers beating the Yankees, and the Twins, losing to Houston, and I really have no idea about the AL wild cards right now.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived