Brewer Fanatic

Hernan Perez DFA

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems like we'd see Hernan by September. But have to wonder since they optioned Saladino if they really see the incremental value to replace him with Perez (the exact opposite take from a month ago).

I don't think there is anything wrong with bringing up a guy who is absolutely raking at AAA. Yes, I know that AAA is juiced this year and that Saladino has a long, poor track record. I also know that he is a human being, and not a statistical robot, so things can change. Since Perez had a horrible June, it made sense to both reward Saladino for his good work this year while also giving another guy some time at AAA to perhaps find his stroke. Of course, that doesn't mean that anything he does will translate to any MLB success, but it is/was worth a shot.

Seems like we'd see Hernan by September. But have to wonder since they optioned Saladino if they really see the incremental value to replace him with Perez (the exact opposite take from a month ago).

I don't think there is anything wrong with bringing up a guy who is absolutely raking at AAA. Yes, I know that AAA is juiced this year and that Saladino has a long, poor track record. I also know that he is a human being, and not a statistical robot, so things can change. Since Perez had a horrible June, it made sense to both reward Saladino for his good work this year while also giving another guy some time at AAA to perhaps find his stroke. Of course, that doesn't mean that anything he does will translate to any MLB success, but it is/was worth a shot.

Well put.

Now Arcia has to start and play every inning of every game. If he gets hurt either Shaw or Moustakas has to play SS until they can get Saladino again from AAA. The defense would be hurt immeasurably. It's a bad situation to be in because they can't PH for Arcia if needed. I don't see why Stearns didn't option Shaw. He has no place to play and has done absolutely nothing since being recalled.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Now Arcia has to start and play every inning of every game. If he gets hurt either Shaw or Moustakas has to play SS until they can get Saladino again from AAA. The defense would be hurt immeasurably. It's a bad situation to be in because they can't PH for Arcia if needed. I don't see why Stearns didn't option Shaw. He has no place to play and has done absolutely nothing since being recalled.

Shaw has has 7 ABs. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if he went back down tomorrow.

If Arcia got hurt, the defense would be hurt slightly for the rest of the game and we’d have Saladino or Perez called up the next day. It’s no big deal. Over 162 games, Moose would hurt us at SS. For a few innings, he likely won’t get exposed

If Arcia got hurt, the defense would be hurt slightly for the rest of the game and we’d have Saladino or Perez called up the next day. It’s no big deal. Over 162 games, Moose would hurt us at SS. For a few innings, he likely won’t get exposed

Dang it! Don't bring logic and common sense to a hyperbole battle!

Unless Arcia isn't bad enough to go on the 10 day IL. It happens all the time. A guy goes down for a couple of days and doesn't warrent the IL. Then CC either plays with less pitching or goes with a tremendously weak SS. Two or 3 games with the most important infield position badly exposed could easily cause a loss or two. Logic and common sense would dictate a mgr. doesn't expose his team needlessly. Common sense would tell you that Shaw still isn't hitting and is a LH bat who is little more than a PH at this point. Thames and Moose are LH and better options. Logically he would be sent down and a RH hitter who played SS and other positions would be on the bench.

Unless Arcia isn't bad enough to go on the 10 day IL. It happens all the time. A guy goes down for a couple of days and doesn't warrent the IL. Then CC either plays with less pitching or goes with a tremendously weak SS. Two or 3 games with the most important infield position badly exposed could easily cause a loss or two. Logic and common sense would dictate a mgr. doesn't expose his team needlessly. Common sense would tell you that Shaw still isn't hitting and is a LH bat who is little more than a PH at this point. Thames and Moose are LH and better options. Logically he would be sent down and a RH hitter who played SS and other positions would be on the bench.

What the heck does Shaw have to do with DHonks argument? His point was that if Arcia got hurt, they'd have to survive the rest of the game. Which is 100% correct. Everything else is just your hatred for Shaw and, well, this team it appears, that you are venting on.

If he gets hurt either Shaw or Moustakas has to play SS until they can get Saladino again from AAA.

Which would be, what, a handful of innings? Arcia gets hurt and one of Saladino/Perez is packing his bags and heading to the airport immediately.

If he gets hurt either Shaw or Moustakas has to play SS until they can get Saladino again from AAA.

Which would be, what, a handful of innings? Arcia gets hurt and one of Saladino/Perez is packing his bags and heading to the airport immediately.

Ya, I never understand when teams hurt their roster every game because they might be in a situation for a coupe innings for one game. Like when teams carry 3 catchers so that they can pinch hit one of them and still have another on the bench. You're wasting a roster spot when you do that.

Archived