Brewer Fanatic

Badgers Football 2019

nate82
Badgers played three true freshmen against USF. They'll play you if you're good enough.

Keeanu Benton might be the most physically impressive and imposing true freshman I've ever seen.

Legit 6'4", 315, and it's in the legs, upper body, and arms, not a big gut. A true freshman, and he's already a dude.

He is enormous.

2LwoESk.jpg

Jim Leonard had some really good things to say about him after the South Florida game. They really need some help on that D Line. Hope he keeps it up.

It's great to see some DL depth on this team. Benton would have been counted on to be the guy last year since they started a OL and a walk on for stretches.

But now Rand is healthy, a guy who should play on Sundays, Loudermilk is back and is a massive presence and Williams. I think people tend to forget how big of a recruit Rand was. One of the best the Badgers have gotten on the DL 247 era(4th) and behind only Mertz, Brown and maybe JVL in overall ranking.

So we go from scratching to put big bodies out there to being able to rotate a 2nd unit that was better than the guys who started much of last year.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He may have 4-5 TDS by halftime, though.

Could have easily gotten him one there.

Selfishly, I really would like to see him back next year to break the all time record. I mean, he is still just 20 years old. But obviously it'd be better for him to just go to the league and try to get that second contract earlier.

But man, he could have a Gordon like season this year or next.

Year off doesn't seem to have had a huge impact on Cephus. I know it's Central Michigan, but whoof, just running right past guys and making it look easy out there.

He was running past the USF guys as well, and they certainly have no lack of speed out there.

44-0 going into the half and Coan looks like he's hitting on those deep balls.

We can pretty much official rule out the "this might be the year they don't make a bowl," talk, right?

Not quite yet... :)

It's certainly helping that some of the teams on the schedule do not look nearly as good a couple weeks into the season. Michigan doesn't look quite so daunting, Northwestern...plus, UW usually does not start out great. Winning is one thing, but blowing out teams they should beat gives you a little more confidence.

And Baun looks like a monster. So far it looks like the DL is miles ahead of last years DL and Coan looks like a much better QB than what we had last year.

There are still going to be a lot of tough games...but the feeling has to be a lot more positive based on some individuals really improving or looking good to start the season.

44-0 going into the half and Coan looks like he's hitting on those deep balls.

We can pretty much official rule out the "this might be the year they don't make a bowl," talk, right?

Not quite yet... :)

It's certainly helping that some of the teams on the schedule do not look nearly as good a couple weeks into the season. Michigan doesn't look quite so daunting, Northwestern...plus, UW usually does not start out great. Winning is one thing, but blowing out teams they should beat gives you a little more confidence.

And Baun looks like a monster. So far it looks like the DL is miles ahead of last years DL and Coan looks like a much better QB than what we had last year.

There are still going to be a lot of tough games...but the feeling has to be a lot more positive based on some individuals really improving or looking good to start the season.

Agreed....Coan by himself makes a huge difference.

Honestly didn’t think they’d use Mertz in any sort of mop up duty. If there’s any chance he red shirts it’s odd to burn 1 of the 4 games.

I think this was planned as a "get the nerves out of the way" opportunity. Give him a little game experience so in case he is needed he isn't completely green.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The state football teams have given up three points in three games
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Biggest winner today: Cephus

Really excited for the kid! Everything he went though & had to battle to get back to this point. The decision to stay at UW & return. Has to feel great! All that time off and he looks just as good if not better than he did before the injury almost two years ago

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Coan looks good. He is throwing a nice ball.

I wish they'd used Mertz the whole time. If you are going to burn a game of his redshirt, you might as well give him the whole thing. He looked ok out there with a nice arm. But a lot of his balls were back into the defender (instead of leading the WR away). Against a better defense, he'd have a lot of those swiped away. Still, a decent first game.

The O-line played ok, but not dominant. Hopefully, they still come together a bit more this year.

Michigan will be interesting. I'd love to blow them out.

Has any other Badger team starters out scoring their opponents 110-0? I know who we’ve played but still.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived