Brewer Fanatic

Badgers Football 2019

nate82
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wonder if the security guard will block the goal posts from getting chopped again.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I had to guess, I'd say Watson is not starting back next year. He just can't do anything after contact.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

We've earned the right to have Ohio State beat the brakes off of us.

Someone needs to buy the Buckeyes a bunch of questionable sushi on Friday night.

They'd probably be wise to that. Lawrence Taylor used to send hookers to opposing quarterback's hotel rooms.

Apparently the Badgers were rowing the boat with the axe at midfield. Chryst made them stop.

Let's go back and read the comments on page 66 of this thread.

Anyone want to make any edits?

I was wrong. However, I won't backtrack from my prediction. But after five "meh" games, who saw this performance coming?

Fleck is obviously a good coach but I'm curious to see how his over the top rah rah thing goes when the expectations are high. Seems to me it would work while building a program but maintaining one might require a different approach.

Ive been thinking this about this guy for a bit as well.

Thank god!

Auburn beats Bama..

I still they'll need help elsewhere, but if you're of the belief that the Badgers would still legitimately have playoff aspirations with a win next week, this is probably helpful. Removes the temptation for the committee to take a 1 loss non conference champ Alabama team which I definitely think was a real possibility.

If you want the chance to really become real, root for a Colorado win tonight (extremely unlikely), and an Oklahoma State win (somewhat unlikely).

Thank god!

Auburn beats Bama..

I still they'll need help elsewhere, but if you're of the belief that the Badgers would still legitimately have playoff aspirations with a win next week, this is probably helpful. Removes the temptation for the committee to take a 1 loss non conference champ Alabama team which I definitely think was a real possibility.

Yep Badgers have an outside shot going into next week. Unless something crazy happens tonight(LSU losing would be cool, Oklahama too) we need at least two other games to go our way next week.

The 538 model lists the Badgers and Buckyes both at 42% to get in if the Badgers win next week. Makes me wonder how much of our odds they are predicating on us getting in as the sole B10 team if we win next week. If that's their thought process I would guess our chances are much less than 42%. I don't believe for one minute that the Badgers are getting in over OSU no matter what happens next week.

Everyone and their mother knows that OSU is the better and more talented team regardless of what happens in the B10 championship. The committee knows it and generally wants to send the best teams regardless of conference championship status. They can easily point to OSUs earlier domination of UW and their one loss.

UWs only hypothetical shot is as a 2nd B10 team, not in lieu of OSU.

Let's go back and read the comments on page 66 of this thread.

Anyone want to make any edits?

I was wrong. However, I won't backtrack from my prediction. But after five "meh" games, who saw this performance coming?

The Badgers won the last three of those the last five games 24-22, 37-21, 45-24, including the closest of those against a team ranked in the top 15. I think those that expected more may have had their expectations a bit off.

Thank god!

Auburn beats Bama..

If you want the chance to really become real, root for a Colorado win tonight (extremely unlikely), and an Oklahoma State win (somewhat unlikely).

A lot (& I mean A LOT) more chaos than that is needed for WI to make the playoff. The loss to Illinois got worse today with Northwestern beating Illinois (now 6-6). Root for Oregon to win PAC12 & derail Utah. Pray for Virginia to win the ACC over Clemson. Having LSU go down to Texas A&M helps too. Make it so SEC gets only 1 representative..

Thank god!

Auburn beats Bama..

A lot (& I mean A LOT) more chaos than that is needed for WI to make the playoff. The loss to Illinois got worse today with Northwestern beating Illinois (now 6-6). Root for Oregon to win PAC12 & derail Utah. Pray for Virginia to win the ACC over Clemson. Having LSU go down to Texas A&M helps too. Make it so SEC gets only 1 representative..

I think Clemson, OSU and LSU are as good as locked in.

The 4th spot is pretty open, but the problem they're going to have even beating OSU is that the Big 12 champ is almost certainly going to have 1 loss regardless of what happens in the Pac 12. Maybe they would have a case to make it over Baylor, but I'm not certain about it.

Archived