Brewer Fanatic

Badgers Football 2019

nate82
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why can you not advance a muffed punt? Is there a logical reason? Seems like rewarding the receiving team for not being able to catch it.

Also, why are there two number 5’s for OSU? Wilson is changing to 18 to return punts because there is another 5 on the return team. They’re on the road, no way they travel enough kids to need double numbers.

Someone who is on Twitter please reply to Ian Kenyon and tell him that Ron Dayne is the all-time leading rusher whether you include or exclude bowl games. With bowl games, Dayne has 7125 and Pumphrey has 6405; excluding bowl games Dayne has 6397 and Pumphrey has 6077. Actually, Dayne's 7125 may not include bowl games.

I think the weather really could favor Wisconsin today if it neutralizes Minnesota's passing game some. This is the biggest game the Badgers have played in a while. Hopefully they're up for this one, as there's no reason not to pull out all the stops today.

No idea if it's true or not but someone told me yesterday it's historically been shown that the pass heavy teams that get a slight advantage in bad weather.

Something to do with passing games benefitting in bad weather from receivers much more easily getting separation on bad fields from cuts and breaks.

I don’t know why anyone thinks this weather favors Wisconsin. It just allows teams to sell even more on the run against us. Our passing game already lacks, you want Coan throwing in junk weather?

Maybe it effects the Minnesota passing game, but now we are even more one dimensional than usual.

I still think this game comes down to a big turnover(s) at some point.

So much for the weather slowing down the passing game. Wisconsin will never be a real threat until they have one. They run it and defend well enough to sit in the 15-20 range most seasons. They need to evolve a little to be a true top 10 program.

They need an insane defense, that is what one can hope for. Thinking they will ever have a passing game to elevate them to the next level is pretty wishful thinking. Maybe one day all the chips can fall into place to have a defense good enough to stop a good offense like OSU.

Seems like they settled in a little, the decision to take the ball when they won the toss still has them in a hole. That never makes sense, especially in bad weather.

Ope

Having the exact drive they needed to win this game and blew it.

They have done multiple O-Line flips and a few other ‘trick plays’ and have done well on all but that fumble. I don’t think that play was ‘cute’.

Outside of the first 5 or so plays the offense has not been very bland on the play calls. Which is always a nice sight.

Archived