Brewer Fanatic

Badgers Football 2019

nate82
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's amazing how bad this defense has become since the first few games. What the heck happened? This team is going to be humiliated by OSU if they even win next week. It's crazy that a month ago they were possible CFP contenders.

Could we possibly be any more fundamentally sloppy? It's 2nd and 1 and Coan throws a deep ball into triple coverage. So many fumbles.

If these are their potential auditions to the Rose Bowl committee, they're not very impressive ones. Does this look like the second best team in the Big 10? Be better.

I dont know. Our best shot might be beating an undefeated #2(or 1 if lsu trips up before then) ranked ohio st team on a neutral field.

That would give the Badgers their best resume and may be the only way they jump a 1 loss Bama but Ohio State is likely already in then which means 3 spots are taken and the PAC12 is a good bet for a 1 loss champ as well. A top 5ish PSU would be a pretty good win.

Oregon’s upset loss tonight makes the PAC 12 situation very interesting....

TCU probably wouldn't have won anyway, but they were robbed of a last chance to try. Oklahoma was stopped well short of a 1st on 3rd and 1 and everyone was shocked when they gave him the 1st. A good 18 inches short. Reviewed and decided not enough to overturn. Whichever official awarded that first down should be embarrassed.

538 now has Badgers at 50% to make playoffs if they win out after the Oregon loss. If OSU loses to Michigan next week it only goes to 54% so it doesn't seem like they are in agreement with me about that needing to happen. Like I said earlier I wonder how much of a chance they give them to jump an undefeated Ohio State if they beat them, I feel like that is close to zero. Edit: If you select OSU beating Michigan and UW winning out Badgers are 48% and OSU is 30%, that doesn't seem right to me.

I tuned into the 4th quarter of the Oregon game after I saw they were down 14 in the 4th. I don't know what was going on earlier but the Ducks were scoring TD's in about 3 plays and 60 seconds for the rest of the game. Another 5 minutes and I think they overrun ASU, the late long TD by the devils was unlikely and much needed. Too bad Georgia and Oklahoma pulled close games out but one big upset was about the best that we could hope for.

Why isn’t that guy kicking?

Very good question and one that I've been asking a long time. Okay, I admit I'm prejudiced as Hintze and I are both alums of the same high school, but it's not like the guys ahead of him have been Mr. Automatic from shorter distances. It kind of speaks to Chryst's coaching style. Hintze was never going to get a chance behind Gaglianone because Chryst doesn't make guys accountable. Hintze should have gotten a shot last year after the kicker blew the BYU game. This year it seems the kicking job was decided in fall camp based on Larsh having a slight advantage inside 40 yards in practice conditions in August. Never mind that Hintze had proven he could make pressure kicks in Camp Randall by being named MVP of a state championship game played in cold weather as a senior in high school. A missed FG factored big time in the loss to Illinois and it wasn't Larsh's first (or last) miss on what should be almost automatic kicks in perfect conditions.

Think about where Hintze is now. He's proven his leg is NFL strong, but other than than two career attempts from 62 yards, and a stellar touchback percent on kickoffs, he has no resume to land an NFL job. Hopefully for him, there's some special teams coaches out there that will give him a look, but if not, Chryst's and his coaches timidity in using their strongest legged kicker might cost a guy an NFL shot and maybe a win in each of the last couple seasons.

There is absolutely no reason the Badgers should have any chance at the playoff, they simply don’t deserve it. Why should they get in over a one loss Ohio State team? They got wrecked by OSU once and likely would only squeak by if they win the Big Ten game.

I’d be shocked if the got ranked over a two loss OSU team to be honest. I can’t imagine what it would take for the Badgers to be top four. Wish they could, but they just don’t have the resume with two losses. One being Illinois and the other being an absolute beat down.

Why isn’t that guy kicking?

Very good question and one that I've been asking a long time. Okay, I admit I'm prejudiced as Hintze and I are both alums of the same high school, but it's not like the guys ahead of him have been Mr. Automatic from shorter distances. It kind of speaks to Chryst's coaching style. Hintze was never going to get a chance behind Gaglianone because Chryst doesn't make guys accountable. Hintze should have gotten a shot last year after the kicker blew the BYU game. This year it seems the kicking job was decided in fall camp based on Larsh having a slight advantage inside 40 yards in practice conditions in August. Never mind that Hintze had proven he could make pressure kicks in Camp Randall by being named MVP of a state championship game played in cold weather as a senior in high school. A missed FG factored big time in the loss to Illinois and it wasn't Larsh's first (or last) miss on what should be almost automatic kicks in perfect conditions.

Think about where Hintze is now. He's proven his leg is NFL strong, but other than than two career attempts from 62 yards, and a stellar touchback percent on kickoffs, he has no resume to land an NFL job. Hopefully for him, there's some special teams coaches out there that will give him a look, but if not, Chryst's and his coaches timidity in using their strongest legged kicker might cost a guy an NFL shot and maybe a win in each of the last couple seasons.

Briggs a former Ledger! Spent a few years teaching and coaching there. My daughter is in elementary school there as well. For same reason I’m not able to talk in a non bias manner about Zach. Outstanding kid with a monster leg. He holds Wisconsin High School recorder for hitting that 61 yarder. Was a soccer player until entering junior year, maybe sophomore. I think it was more favoritism of eligibility. You have young kid with many years to kick or do you just go with the one and done after Big Raf graduated. That would just be my guess. Kid is 2/2 in career from 61+ not too shabby.

Continuing on my bias ways, about time Badgers officially offer Braelon Allen the sophomore safety from Fondy. Iowa offered him in summer & had him for visit followed by Notre Dame doing the same this fall. He is ranked 6th best S in country for 2022 class. Robert Windsor was last Fondy stud Badgers let slip away & he has been a monster for Penn St at DT and think is a team captain.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

There is absolutely no reason the Badgers should have any chance at the playoff, they simply don’t deserve it. Why should they get in over a one loss Ohio State team? They got wrecked by OSU once and likely would only squeak by if they win the Big Ten game.

I’d be shocked if the got ranked over a two loss OSU team to be honest. I can’t imagine what it would take for the Badgers to be top four. Wish they could, but they just don’t have the resume with two losses. One being Illinois and the other being an absolute beat down.

IF Badgers win out it would take:

Mich beats OSU

Auburn beats Bama

LSU beats Georgia

Oregon beats Utah

There are other paths but that is the cleanest scenario I can come up with. I think UW gets in over Oregon in this scenario due to finishing with consecutive wins over top 10 teams and coming from the stronger conference. All other 2 loss contenders get eliminated for not winning their conference. A 2 win team will get in eventually but I don't think it will be this year, I doubt Ohio State loses and Oklahoma will probably manage to win out too.

Archived