Brewer Fanatic

Badgers Football 2019

nate82
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Crap. That injury to Williams didn't look good.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no Penn State fan but that was terrible.

Wonder if that zebra had a bookie

Balances out vs the last PSU score. Definitely was delay of game there. If clock kept going it would have been at -2 or -3...

True but a bogus offensive pass interference call is way worse than a missed 5-yard delay-of-game.

Generally your right but in this case it resulted in 7 points for PSU.

Let's assume call was made. PSU is backed up and play another down. Now the interesting stuff happens.

Does the scoring play happen again on the next play? Who knows.

Does PSU scored a TD on the drive?? Maybe.

The main thing I believe that happens is more time is off the clock (anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes) and that greatly impacts the final drive of PSU...

I really enjoy seeing Alabama give up 33 in a half.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

How the hell did Illinois win today???

1) Badgers absolutely should have won that Illinois game.

2) Illinois looks like they're a bit better team than they were looking like at the beginning of the season. They could end up 6-6 or 7-5. At the end of the season this might not be as "embarrassing" a loss as it looked like a few weeks ago.

3) At some point, it just doesn't matter, and they have to move past it. Pick up the pieces and move on.

Yeah, Really needed Penn St to win that game today. Strength of Victory doesn't matter at this point, just need Minnesota to lose a game if we actually want the Badgers to get another crack at Ohio St.

I'd rather have Minnesota beat Iowa, and have the Badgers spoil Minnesota's unbeaten season, get back the axe, then sit back and watch as they get pummeled by Ohio State. I want no part of a rematch with Ohio State which is far and away the best team in the country (and it's not close, sorry LSU fans, Ohio State will hang 50 on you).

I feel as though people are way too concerned about finding an opportunity to get smacked by OSU again. I’d rather a new team give it a try.

Besides maybe Minnesota can do the unthinkable, beat them, and then make the playoff. Maybe if such a lesser program makes the playoff Wisconsin will start trying to figure it out themselves.

I know people don’t like Minnesota, but I feel as though OSU losing is better and I would think one would cheer for a non powerhouse to make the playoff. I’m hoping Minnesota goes undefeated until us at which point I hope we win. If we don’t though I’d certainly be pulling for Minnesota to beat OSU.

I guess I’m just not that enamored with a Big Ten Division title just to lose to OSU again...likely in embarrassing beat down fashion. I can’t fault someone if they are dreaming of another match up with OSU to crush their dreams...but good luck with that.

I feel as though people are way too concerned about finding an opportunity to get smacked by OSU again. I’d rather a new team give it a try.

Besides maybe Minnesota can do the unthinkable, beat them, and then make the playoff. Maybe if such a lesser program makes the playoff Wisconsin will start trying to figure it out themselves.

I know people don’t like Minnesota, but I feel as though OSU losing is better and I would think one would cheer for a non powerhouse to make the playoff. I’m hoping Minnesota goes undefeated until us at which point I hope we win. If we don’t though I’d certainly be pulling for Minnesota to beat OSU.

I guess I’m just not that enamored with a Big Ten Division title just to lose to OSU again...likely in embarrassing beat down fashion. I can’t fault someone if they are dreaming of another match up with OSU to crush their dreams...but good luck with that.

Yes, odds are very good thay they'll lose the B10 title game if they get there.

Still, if you don't want to challenge yourself against the big boys, what's the point? Might as well be a Group of 5 mid-major team then.

I'd rather have Minnesota beat Iowa, and have the Badgers spoil Minnesota's unbeaten season, get back the axe, then sit back and watch as they get pummeled by Ohio State.

Pretty much how I feel. No need to get destroyed again by OSU, and if Minnesota beats OSU then there's a much better chance that Florida State opens up the checkbook for Fleck.

Yeah, Really needed Penn St to win that game today. Strength of Victory doesn't matter at this point, just need Minnesota to lose a game if we actually want the Badgers to get another crack at Ohio St.

I'd rather have Minnesota beat Iowa, and have the Badgers spoil Minnesota's unbeaten season, get back the axe, then sit back and watch as they get pummeled by Ohio State. I want no part of a rematch with Ohio State which is far and away the best team in the country (and it's not close, sorry LSU fans, Ohio State will hang 50 on you).

It's unfathomable to me that several of you are so afraid of facing OSU that you would actually prefer to NOT win the division and NOT play for the B10 Championship just to avoid facing them. It's like rooting for the Packers to lose the NFC Championship because you think they'll get destroyed by the Patriots.

Ohio State is great, but we did hang with them for most of the first half last game before things completely fell apart. Obviously, we'd need to play a much better game and hope they played a poor game, but you always want that chance. You always want that opportunity to face #1.

My skin is thick enough I can handle another beat down from OSU if it comes to it. I'll never root for Minnesota to win anything.

Still, if you don't want to challenge yourself against the big boys, what's the point? Might as well be a Group of 5 mid-major team then.

Right, I get it. I don’t blame people for hoping for the title game.

I guess I don’t hate Minnesota as much as much as other people. I typically don’t despise teams that my sports team readily dominates on a yearly basis. They just aren’t big games on the schedule and hard to really make it a rivalry when more often than not it is a bye week.

Right, I get it. I don’t blame people for hoping for the title game.

I guess I don’t hate Minnesota as much as much as other people. I typically don’t despise teams that my sports team readily dominates on a yearly basis. They just aren’t big games on the schedule and hard to really make it a rivalry when more often than not it is a bye week.

I agree with you as far as not really caring if the Gophers have success other than as far as it prevents our own. My sister is a Gopher alumni, I don't really care one way or another about them. I will root for the Badgers to make the B10 title game, but if Minnesota ends up undefeated in that game I'll certainly be rooting for them.

My hatred of Minnesota sports teams is pretty much limited to the Vikings. Twins, Gophers, etc, don't really care.

I guess I just don't give up until there's nothing left to root for. New Years 6 game is still on the table. Would getting shellacked by Ohio State again suck? Sure, but we had people putting up "in memoriam" posts about the Brewers season in August, so....

(yeah yeah, I know baseball and college football aren't the same, but the point is similar. it's not over til it's over)

I guess I just don't give up until there's nothing left to root for. New Years 6 game is still on the table. Would getting shellacked by Ohio State again suck? Sure, but we had people putting up "in memoriam" posts about the Brewers season in August, so....

(yeah yeah, I know baseball and college football aren't the same, but the point is similar. it's not over til it's over)

Suppose they finish 9-2, but Minnesota beats Iowa so they win the West.

What would we be looking at? Citrus/Capital One, whatever they are calling it these days? Outback?

I went to U of M for a year and transferred to UW. So my hatred is personal.

Yep, Citrus or Outback. Projection right now is that Citrus/Outback will be some combination of Wisconsin/Penn State/Minnesota vs. Florida and Alabama/Auburn loser, with whoever wins Big Ten West going to the Rose Bowl and Ohio State in the playoff.

It's unfathomable to me that several of you are so afraid of facing OSU that you would actually prefer to NOT win the division and NOT play for the B10 Championship just to avoid facing them. It's like rooting for the Packers to lose the NFC Championship because you think they'll get destroyed by the Patriots.

Ohio State is great, but we did hang with them for most of the first half last game before things completely fell apart. Obviously, we'd need to play a much better game and hope they played a poor game, but you always want that chance. You always want that opportunity to face #1.

It's really not a good comparison. In the Packers scenario you are rooting for a Packers loss, in the Badgers scenario you still want them to win every game. It is completely out of the Badgers control if they go to the Big Ten championship game. The Packers can win a championship if they go to the Super Bowl. There is no scenario where the Badgers win the national championship

Archived