Brewer Fanatic

Badgers Football 2019

nate82

Interesting tidbit as I watch the PSU/ Minn game: both starting QBs are from the Cincinnati OH area.

Those kids played against each other in Pee-Wee ball....

Edit:

Sean Clifford from powerhouse Cinci St. Xavier... So some schools are still able to get talented players out of Ohio...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The stars are aligning for Minnesota. Their QB with the season QBR of 76.4 has a QBR of 281.9 in this one. Plus Minny stopped them on 4th and goal and got two INTs.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

We were chuckling at Minnesota a few weeks ago and since then we've been exposed and they look like the pretty legit ones.

I think PSU will get pummeled against OSU, too. And there is still plenty of game for minnesota to lose this one at home.

I'm not saying Minnesota will win for sure, but they at least look like they belong on the field with a top 5 national team.

I dont think psu is anywhere near a top 5 national team...and not sure why they went for 2 back in the 3rd quarter...that led to a missing out on an easy fg last possession and being down 8 with the ball right now

Eh, like I mentioned before, let them get this one. We win out and they stumble against another opponent. Win-win.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Bucky is going to struggle to score against the gophs.

Psu has mid 20s on them despite playing awful, giving the ball away, and leaving points on the field...get some late november weather and their team actually coming off a few consecutive weeks of playing decent competition and the badgers will be just fine.

And this game still isnt over

Bucky is going to struggle to score against the gophs.

They don't appear to be able to stop the run.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

PSU gonna get a crack at this.

Well that penalty sort of screwed them.

PSU really got hosed.

Yep...partly their own fault for playing bad enough to be trailing in that game, too. I dont think psu is within 4 scores of Ohio state later this year. Their marquee wins to date were a 7 point home win against michigan and a nail biter road win at iowa.

Minnesota is good, dont get me wrong...but they should have lost this game at home despite their opponent playing poorly and a couple late calls went their way. Give em credit, but not a whole lot of it.

Do we want Minnesota to win this so we can have a win over a “good” opponent if we happen to get on a run?

I mean does it really matter for anything now other than just a talking point? We won't be in the CFP. The only way we're playing in a New Years 6 bowl is if we run it, Minnesota takes another loss and we win the B10 Championship.

If we hadn't lost to Illinois I could definitely see us wanting to face a highly ranked Minnesota opponent but now it just doesn't really affect anything.

Do we want Minnesota to win this so we can have a win over a “good” opponent if we happen to get on a run?

I mean does it really matter for anything now other than just a talking point? We won't be in the CFP. The only way we're playing in a New Years 6 bowl is if we run it, Minnesota takes another loss and we win the B10 Championship.

If we hadn't lost to Illinois I could definitely see us wanting to face a highly ranked Minnesota opponent but now it just doesn't really affect anything.

It gives a shot to play in a top bowl game. I guess if you don’t care about that now, then you didn’t care if Minnesota won or lost. But them winning and us still having a chance to run the table is still a shot that I want even if I don’t think this Badgers team could pull it off.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It gives a shot to play in a top bowl game. I guess if you don’t care about that now, then you didn’t care if Minnesota won or lost. But them winning and us still having a chance to run the table is still a shot that I want even if I don’t think this Badgers team could pull it off.

But it really didn't make a difference for that either way. If we win out and beat whoever in the B10 Championship, we're playing a New Year's 6 Bowl, regardless of what Minnesota did today. If we don't, we won't.

If Minnesots beats Iowa, we likely won't even get into the B10 Championship, so that was the most important thing to me today. Unless you are saying you think we could get in to a New Years 6 as an at-large if we beat a previously unbeaten and highly ranked Minnesota team for the axe without playing for the B10 title, which I suppose is possible if dominoes fall our way.

PSU really got hosed.

I'm no Penn State fan but that was terrible.

Wonder if that zebra had a bookie

Balances out vs the last PSU score. Definitely was delay of game there. If clock kept going it would have been at -2 or -3...

True but a bogus offensive pass interference call is way worse than a missed 5-yard delay-of-game.

At least the Minnesota-PSU offenses were fun to watch. This just sucks.

Edit: oooooooohhhhhh Jet Sweep!! How innovative. Now we’re cooking!

Archived