Brewer Fanatic

Badgers Football 2019

nate82
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hard to believe this is the same defense that has dominated all year.

I mean they’ve held Illinois at 1-7 on third downs and have given up 180 yards. They also got a turnover that lead directly to a TD.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Hard to believe this is the same defense that has dominated all year.

I mean they’ve held Illinois at 1-7 on third downs and have given up 180 yards. They also got a turnover that lead directly to a TD.

They've also given up three big plays for touchdowns. One was nullified by penalty, but that penalty had nothing to do with the result.

Offensive line just isn’t as good as recent years. It’ll probably be the thing that holds them back this season as Coan looks solid with Cephus in the picture and we know what Taylor can do with some blocking.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Style points matter too if you're eventually in the position to get in as a 1 loss B10 Champ. They're certainly not earning any of those today.

They're either going to beat Ohio St... or they're not. Voters aren't going to care by how much they beat Illinois if they beat Ohio St.

Clemson has a one point win over North Carolina. Georgia has the aforementioned loss to SC

it happens. Teams can't play absolutely perfect every game. The Badgers should win this game. Put the ugly performance in the rear view and get ready for Ohio St.

Style points matter too if you're eventually in the position to get in as a 1 loss B10 Champ. They're certainly not earning any of those today.

They're either going to beat Ohio St... or they're not. Voters aren't going to care by how much they beat Illinois if they beat Ohio St.

Clemson has a one point win over North Carolina. Georgia has the aforementioned loss to SC

it happens. Teams can't play absolutely perfect every game. The Badgers should win this game. Put the ugly performance in the rear view and get ready for Ohio St.

I guess what I'm saying is that if they're a 1 loss B10 champ, they're not a foregone conclusion CFP lock. There's scenarios -- Geoegia runs the table, Alabama runs the table soundly but loses to Georgia 21-20 in the SEC Championship, do you really think they're leaving either team out then?

So while I agree you can't play perfectly every game, you don't want to have too many ugly performances like this and Northwestern on your resume as a 1 loss. I don't expect them to beat OSU twice.

I'd like to see them put together a quality conference road win before the end of the season.

Archived