Brewer Fanatic

Badgers Football 2019

nate82
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
6 games, 4 shutouts. That's nuts.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

So how far do they move up in the rankings? They should move past Georgia and will pass the loser of Florida-LSU so I'm guessing #6.

I would think the shutouts will start turning some voters but noticed Clemson and Bama were beating down their opponents as well. It's tough at the top of FBS, these are pro factories we are hoping to topple.

This team is really special, so impressed how quickly Leonard turned around this defense. He will be tough to keep this offseason.

Do you think he'd rather be an NCAA HC or NFL DC?

I wouldn't be surprised at some point an NFL team offers him a HC position.

Well practice game next Saturday...then Columbus.

Really really hoping our defense can make it a game in Columbus. My concern there is OSU is incredibly athletic and Fields literally doesn’t make mistakes with the football. Our defense has looked incredible, but OSU is a way different level of good.

This team is really special, so impressed how quickly Leonard turned around this defense. He will be tough to keep this offseason.

Hard to say what he is thinking but he had a long career in the NFL and his alma mater HC position is filled for the foreseeable future. The NFL loves young coaches.

I wouldn't be surprised at some point an NFL team offers him a HC position.

Jim, Dan Snyder on line 1.

I'm sure there would be some nfl team willing to give him a shot if he wants it, especially if this team goes far with this defense.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

But you know what? At the end of the year if Georgia is in a close race for the #4 playoff spot no one will remember that they should have lost because the SC kicker missed a chip shot in OT, it will all be about how they play in the all mighty SEC and they will be given the benefit of the doubt. Oh well, go BUCKY!

Edit just saw Georgia did lose

I've always thought there was a good chance that the SEC gets two teams in UGA still has a chance to play Florida(10th), I think they have Auburn and then provided they win the West, they get Alabama in the title game.

Now imagine 'Bama wins out, they beat LSU and Auburn but UGA finally gets over the hump and beats them in the SEC title game and they're both sitting at 12-1. Hard to say they're not two of the best teams in the country.

Of course this assumes UGA is actually that good and that they're close game vs ND wasn't ND playing great but just Georgia showing they're not that great and of course this loss was a fluke.

But the Badgers are gonna have to beat OSU at least once this year. Obviously we have to hope they win it in two weeks, but the more important one will be the B10 title game.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

This defense is crazy good, and playing a lot of young kids. This start to the year will quickly have Leonard back in head coaching discussions. Only a matter of time, but hopefully hang on to him a few more years.

I wonder if the Badgers would pony up a little more money to keep him around as opposed to when Arnson left for a 600K or so raise?

But man, this defense does look awesome and at the few positions they'll be losing guys, they seem to be really deep. That Leo Channel looks like he could be our next stud OLB'er, but we had a 4 star recruit last year from Hawaii.

3 years to "recover" from Anderson. I love how the "recovery" period was still a top 10-15 team for the most part.

Just so fun watching this team dominate defensively and have one of the games best backs.

So how far do they move up in the rankings? They should move past Georgia and will pass the loser of Florida-LSU so I'm guessing #6.

I could see LSU and UGA both staying ahead of Wisconsin. Not that they should...but it certainly COULD happen. Especially if LSU were to lose a close game. Or if Florida beats LSU, they might jump over us.

I'd expect to be ~6th this week, but even if they aren't, they're in control. And this secondary really looks like one that could compete with most of the elite teams. That's usually where they are weak defensively(relative to the rest of the D). But these guys are confident and cocky and they play tight coverage.

Of course the flip side is Florida can run the table and bama might still get in too.

But not ahead of a 1 loss big ten champ, it was a close call when Bama got in ahead of a 2 loss OSU a couple of years ago. I had a pretty good laugh about it because I was still sore about the Badger loss the night before but I still thought it was wrong, you shouldn't get credit for missing your conference title game and losing in one should take you out in most cases. Just take care of business in the non Columbus games the rest of the way and the Badger will have a play in game in the BTC. Long way to go but things looking good after today.

The craziest thing about this team is they might only lose 5? impact players.

AJ Taylor

Erdman

Orr

Baun

J. Taylor (early)

Am I missing a senior that starts? I’m not sure anyone else would be good enough to leave early. Maybe an OL, but the recruits there are crazy good too.

The craziest thing about this team is they might only lose 5? impact players.

AJ Taylor

Erdman

Orr

Baun

J. Taylor (early)

Am I missing a senior that starts? I’m not sure anyone else would be good enough to leave early. Maybe an OL, but the recruits there are crazy good too.

I think Biadasz will leave early for sure and I would be surprised if Cephus didn't, he just lost a year.

It's going to really suck if this team pulls off the road win at OSU and then misses the playoff by losing the rematch.

I can think of a worse plausible scenario, we beat OSU and everyone else but lose in Minnesota and miss the title game entirely. Looking at the schedule the Goofs only have to split their PSU and Iowa games for that to happen. We aren't getting the Alabama treatment if that happens.

Archived