Brewer Fanatic

Badgers Football 2019

nate82
Point spread is 10. Normally that seems like a lot in what should be a lower scoring game. Going just off numbers one would think MSU keeps it closer here and we have a battle this week. But eye test and all that I just think UW is way better than them and will win this game somewhat easily. Essentially, it just seems like barring turnovers/specials teams MSU should not be able to score more than 10-14 pts.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Their coach is only 33 years old???

I did wonder during the game if maybe Division I should be trimmed a good bit. Maybe make it like British soccer where if you do well in the Also-Ran league you get bumped up, and last place in the Ran league gets bumped down. You can give me gloves and call me a boxer, but if you pit me against Floyd Mayweather, it wouldn't be boxing. And this wasn't really football.

I love this analogy. Still, when you have teams like Appalachian State beating big time D-1 programs, I think you just kinda deal with it. Success means different things to different people. You don't really eliminate D-1 BB because UW-Milwaukee will never win a Title(well...probably won't win a title).

Kent State's an up and coming program. They wanna win their division in their conference. And I do kinda like the idea of moving up a league or down a league, but College athletics are too up and down. Guys are there for 3-4 years, so you can move up with your best team and then graduate all those guys. But in theory, I like that idea. Punish the tankers in pro-sports. But realistically, Soccer's the only sport big enough world wide to be able to do that IMO.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I expect at least a 17+ point win. Anything can happen on any given day, but the Badgers seem better in just about every way if you ask me.

Generally agree. I know I shouldn't think that or be that confident vs a normally tough and physical opponent, but it really just looks that simple to me. MSU just should not be able to score very much at all.

ETA: weather looking windy and possibly rainy now. Probably just gonna stay away from it, or maybe do the 1H if it's under 7

I think the Northwestern film will provide the Badgers with a blueprint on how defenses will play them. Obviously it depends on the O-line and Coan's ability to get the ball to the wideouts. He struggled against Northwestern, but I think he will be better prepared.

Man, sort of Badger related as a Georgia loss has playoff implications but South Carolina just held a receiver on a ball that was out of the end zone on 4th down when up 7 under 3 left. oof

South Carolina weirdly tries to kick a 57 yard FG on 4th and 3, guess I know why they are 2-3

Man, sort of Badger related as a Georgia loss has playoff implications but South Carolina just held a receiver on a ball that was out of the end zone on 4th down when up 7 under 3 left. oof

South Carolina weirdly tries to kick a 57 yard FG on 4th and 3, guess I know why they are 2-3

Even if georgia pulls this one out they should drop a few spots in the rankings...this is a bad display at home against a below average team

Even if georgia pulls this one out they should drop a few spots in the rankings...this is a bad display at home against a below average team

But you know what? At the end of the year if Georgia is in a close race for the #4 playoff spot no one will remember that they should have lost because the SC kicker missed a chip shot in OT, it will all be about how they play in the all mighty SEC and they will be given the benefit of the doubt. Oh well, go BUCKY!

Edit just saw Georgia did lose

But you know what? At the end of the year if Georgia is in a close race for the #4 playoff spot no one will remember that they should have lost because the SC kicker missed a chip shot in OT, it will all be about how they play in the all mighty SEC and they will be given the benefit of the doubt. Oh well, go BUCKY!

Well that narrative should be moot since they still lost when sc gave them every chance to win. This should also kill ND's argument if a quality loss and keep them out if the playoff picture unless there are a few 2 loss conference champs

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Matt Millen....still an awful broadcaster.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Well that narrative should be moot since they still lost when sc gave them every chance to win. This should also kill ND's argument if a quality loss and keep them out if the playoff picture unless there are a few 2 loss conference champs

Yep and from an earlier conversation pretty much assures a 1 loss big ten champ gets in this year.

Millen says "you need J Taylor to be carrying the football for the offense to have any effect"

Well duh?

It's not really a running down when the qb drops the snap and loses 10 yards after a 10 yard holding penalty puts them in 3rd and super long.

He basically gave MSU credit for a holding call on UW and a dropped snap.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I really wish they'd run a jet sweep. Just one.

Thats a TD

Archived