Brewer Fanatic

Badgers Football 2019

nate82
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It's nice to see Wisconsin football.

Took a couple of years to recover from the Gary Anderson era.

They were 13-1 two years ago.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

That was largely a product of the schedule.

Lol. Ok

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

You can't be within a TD of the CFB Playoffs just because of your schedule. They lost a 6 point game to OSU or they were going to be in the playoffs.

There were probably 30 guys on that team who are either now in or will be in the NFL. They did need to recover from Anderson, but Christ just did it pretty quickly...and Horninbrook had a pretty good year his Soph year. I think that was the season he lit up Miami in the bowl game.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Yeah I’m gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one.

Looking at that season recap I definitely was a bit off on that description.

I just remember it is a flawed team particularly at quarterback and having trouble running the ball at times.

Looking at that season recap I definitely was a bit off on that description.

I just remember it is a flawed team particularly at quarterback and having trouble running the ball at times.

You weren't totally wrong, they weren't going through the SEC and getting 12 wins heading into the B10 Title game...but they also still had that elite defense.

When the Badgers talked about how it'd take at least 3 years to recover from Anderson, that's all on the offensive side of the ball. That year was Taylor's freshmen year.

Anderson is also the one who brought in this new defensive scheme we're running. Arnson I believe. He brought in that attacking, aggressive 34 D as well. So Anderson did help contribute to the defensive resurgence we've see in the past few years.

What....and you think this year is vastly different? This year was suppose to be a real tough schedule, but those tougher teams are turning out to be pretty soft so far. Michigan is not the Top 10 team they were ranked originally as...at least in my opinion and their play.

Michigan State, maybe a good team...but at home.

Iowa, I think is good...but also a home game.

Minnesota, could be a tough road game...but they have played pretty terribly against lame teams.

So basically they have the road game at Ohio State. Outside of that the schedule isn’t very intimidating and the worst games are at home. Now do I think this is a tougher schedule than 2017? Yah, but I don’t know if this team is better than the 2017 team. I think I would pick the 2017 team, but it is a bit early to know how truly great this team is. The 2017 defense was really good and nearly beat OSU to be in the playoff.

It is exciting to think this team could flirt with the idea of being in the playoff picture. First step is getting to the OSU game undefeated. If we lose that then we gotta win out and beat them in the championship hypothetically.

The one area you really do Michigan's talent is at WR'er. Those guys are just going up and Mossing guys. Just throw the ball up...especially with two of our DB's now out of the game and them basically being the size of Jim Beilien team...

What....and you think this year is vastly different? This year was suppose to be a real tough schedule, but those tougher teams are turning out to be pretty soft so far. Michigan is not the Top 10 team they were ranked originally as...at least in my opinion and their play.

Michigan State, maybe a good team...but at home.

Iowa, I think is good...but also a home game.

Minnesota, could be a tough road game...but they have played pretty terribly against lame teams.

So basically they have the road game at Ohio State. Outside of that the schedule isn’t very intimidating and the worst games are at home. Now do I think this is a tougher schedule than 2017? Yah, but I don’t know if this team is better than the 2017 team. I think I would pick the 2017 team, but it is a bit early to know how truly great this team is. The 2017 defense was really good and nearly beat OSU to be in the playoff.

It is exciting to think this team could flirt with the idea of being in the playoff picture. First step is getting to the OSU game undefeated. If we lose that then we gotta win out and beat them in the championship hypothetically.

Next weeks game is going to be huge now that we're gonna be without two starters for the whole first half against a really talented QB. Plus, they just always play us tough.

Well this was a butt whooping but at halftime I had mi sights set on the elusive Michigan ass kicking. I wanted 42-0. I grew up in Madison and was at Camp Randall from the McClain years until I moved up here in 08. Flew down in 17 to go watch them beat Michigan. There’s something about Michigan I just hate, always have. Maybe it’s how they always get the blue chips, often get calls their way. Or maybe it’s that whole “Michigan Man” bull. It’s all three. I was there for The Crush, I was there when we QB drawed Lloyd Carr’s butt out of a job, and I was there in 17. But I really wanted today to be the day the score was ridiculous. We destroyed them, certainly. But until the Badgers beat Michigan 68-0, I’ll never be satisfied.

If we go win at the horseshoe and dance on the O again, though, it’ll probably satiate me.

When you say Wisconsin, you’ve said it all.

Hell of a game by Baun.

yeah he looked really good

That is an awful targeting call. QB slides late and guy goes to make a tackle. And that was forceable?

I think it was more for the helmet-to-helmet hit than forceable. They need to have two levels of helmet-to-helmet calls, similar to how they used to have two levels of facemask penalties.

They need a 5-yard incidental helmet-to-helmet call when the offensive player ducks his head or slides late/upright and there is nothing the defender can reasonably do to avoid it. Targeting should be reserved for when the player is upright, or when the defender launches himself, or when there is no attempt to wrap up or back off.

The targeting call against Pearson I think was justified. The one against Burrell, no way. Need to get by with Wilder and Cone for the first half against NU. Fortunately it's at Camp Randall, and NU has not looked like a passing threat at all. Could use Bryson Williams back though, as NU can run the ball.

Knowing only what you know now, would you predict that the following gets us into the playoffs?

We lose at OSU, but win every game besides that one the rest of the season, including beating OSU in the conference championship.

Yes, I think the one loss on the road likely would get them there. There are situations where it may not...but I’d be surprised. Hard to predict what other teams will do.

Depends how we do on the road at OSU. If we get murdered and drop a ton in the rankings it may be hard to recover from that and get in that Top 4.

Knowing only what you know now, would you predict that the following gets us into the playoffs?

We lose at OSU, but win every game besides that one the rest of the season, including beating OSU in the conference championship.

That would make it interesting. I think UGA, 'Bama and Clemson will get in. So if we beat OSU in the B10 Championship, for us to not make it, there'd have to be another undefeated/1 loss team. That's likely Oklahoma. They have Texas and that's pretty much it on that schedule. TCU is a good team usually, but it's really just that Texas game and that program's not the same as it has been.

Badgers are certainly in the discussion. Having a healthy Taylor to display at least 1game has to sway some votes our way.

Give it 4 weeks and check back with where the other teams are sitting at.

Archived