Brewer Fanatic

Badgers Football 2019

nate82
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think Sampson is now back at TE. He is a big boy now, they bulked him up to 280 to play OT so I’d assume, he could be a big blocking TE like Zander Neuville was. Got to feel for him to lose yet another season

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Wonder if the Penniston TE who transferred to Rutgers is kicking himself right now. IDK if he's playing or how anything is going for him, just saying he'd be getting tons of PT right now.

He was supposed to be one of the next stud TE's for the Badgers. I'll be honest, I lost track of him. I now remember he transferred, but I think he was a 4 start out of Cali and we pulled him with a good QB(maybe Coan) and he was supposed to be a really good receiving threat.

Oh well. This isn't the pro's. You can move guys.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Time to make one of the young tackles into a tight end like we did with Bruss last year. Slap an "80" number on whoever has the best hands.

I remember when they did that with Aaron Gibson when he was a freshman. 350-lb TE going in motion and then coming through the gap.

Wonder if the Penniston TE who transferred to Rutgers is kicking himself right now. IDK if he's playing or how anything is going for him, just saying he'd be getting tons of PT right now.

He was supposed to be one of the next stud TE's for the Badgers. I'll be honest, I lost track of him. I now remember he transferred, but I think he was a 4 start out of Cali and we pulled him with a good QB(maybe Coan) and he was supposed to be a really good receiving threat.

It was Austin Kafentzis, the dual threat QB out of Utah, and Gary Anderson's last recruiting class that Chryst had to try to save when he came in. Kafentzis saw the writing on the wall when Chryst came in, especially with Chryst bringing in his guy (Hornibrook).

The only players who exhausted their eligibility from that 19 person class are Moorman, Shaw, Edwards (declared early), Sagapolu, Baun, Pfaff, Orr, and Ingold. Farrar, Penniston, Kafentzis, Booker, and Hornibrook transferred, and the rest retired due to injury or quit football (Dietzen, Estes, Thomas, James, Howe, Whalen).

It was Austin Kafentzis, the dual threat QB out of Utah, and Gary Anderson's last recruiting class that Chryst had to try to save when he came in. Kafentzis saw the writing on the wall when Chryst came in, especially with Chryst bringing in his guy (Hornibrook).

The only players who exhausted their eligibility from that 19 person class are Moorman, Shaw, Edwards (declared early), Sagapolu, Baun, Pfaff, Orr, and Ingold. Farrar, Penniston, Kafentzis, Booker, and Hornibrook transferred, and the rest retired due to injury or quit football (Dietzen, Estes, Thomas, James, Howe, Whalen).

I honestly thought it was the kid from Utah(Or Houston), the kid who went everywhere trying to play QB and ended up at...BYU I think and is it playing WR'er, but that seemed like so long ago that I had to change it up.

But man, that's a disappointing ending for him. He was getting playing time as a Freshmen I thought. He was supposed to be a real difference-maker as a pass 1st TE.

I remember Anderson trying to convince the Badgers fans and the Boosters and....well, probably Barry most of all, but that's just a guess, that he was only going to add some spread concepts, but really, nothing would change.

I didn't hear this at the time, but later I heard that UW was seriously considering firing Anderson and once he left, they said it'd take the program at least 3 years to un-do the damage he'd done.

Out of every sport I follow in Wisconsin, UW Football is the one I'm most convinced has the right coach. That won't change if we go 8-5 this year or even worse, he's just steady, smart, reliable, invested in the area, played here, had success elsewhere. No question he is the guy for the next 10-15 years.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

to start byes this early is so dumb. Its only to ensure the most amount of games each week for TV. If they were so concerned for the student athlete they would have atleast 4 teams off during the middle of the season to give them rest. not the badgers are playing straight through Thanksgiving.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Re: Anderson...I was told he was already cleaning out his office before that B1G Championship debacle against Ohio St.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

to start byes this early is so dumb. Its only to ensure the most amount of games each week for TV. If they were so concerned for the student athlete they would have atleast 4 teams off during the middle of the season to give them rest. not the badgers are playing straight through Thanksgiving.

Normally I'd agree. But they're trying to get teams 2 bye weeks now due to the concern for the student athlete. UW gets another bye in early November before their last 3 games. I actually feel like the "week 0" games might just turn into the first full week down the line due to trying to get everyone an extra bye

Badgers opened as favorites to win against Michigan. Surprised it is only a 2 point advantage considering we have walloped our opponents (including a road win), Michigan almost lost to Army at home, and Michigan has lost 4 times in a row on the road vs. Wisconsin.

Badgers opened as favorites to win against Michigan. Surprised it is only a 2 point advantage considering we have walloped our opponents (including a road win), Michigan almost lost to Army at home, and Michigan has lost 4 times in a row on the road vs. Wisconsin.

Army is not a cupcake team like who the Badgers played.

Last week I saw some tweets that had advanced line at Mich -1.5 but now when everyone opened it's UW 3ish. Tells me the sharps pounded WI when it opened. This might also mean they're trying to get money in on Mich to balance or just that they think UW will win so want money on Mich. I'm hoping it doesn't get to 3.5 before I can get down to bet on it. I really don't have a strong feeling on it but would just do the homer pick for the fun.

Army is not that good...they aren't a joke...but the betting line was like 3 TDs for a reason. At home...yah, it was pretty ugly for Michigan to only score 14 points. You could argue the only reason Michigan won is because Army can't kick field goals. For a team that was considered a strong CFP team that was a pretty pitiful game.

Central Michigan is a joke, but Central Florida is probably comparable to Army. Hard to know, but I would guess similar. Michigan also only beat Middle Tennessee by 19 points at home. So they have played two home games against greatly inferior opponents and really haven't dominated like they should have. Not a great look.

Good summary by Plush. I'd probably give Army a bit more credit as they did finish 11-2 and ranked last year. Mostly semantics though as I agree with your main points. Note, you mistyped UCF when you meant South Florida. Generally I'd agree with your point that they're on the same tier as Army of competent/good mid majors rather than cupcake pushovers like Central Michigan.

Mostly was just adding to it at there is some reasons behind this for Mich too. They've changed their offense this year trying to go to more RPO and spread styles rather than traditional I power type ball the last few years. So their O Line is recruited to be maulers but now playing more finesse along with just generally learning new things for everyone. So, their might be some legit Xs and Os stuff with them beyond your normal "they just didn't try or come prepared for an easy game" type stuff that happens lots with teams. Which serves as an eye opener for them to kick the crap out of someone else the next week or in the 2nd half of a game. So, maybe it's a good thing to be catching Mich this early. But, the bye week might've given them time to work out some kinks too. Plus, their D is still really darn good no matter so this should be a battle to the end.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think UW wins today. Won't be a blowout but something along the lines of 21 - 16
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived