Brewer Fanatic

Innings Limits

Jopal78

It seems more than likely the Brewers are going to have to pick up a starting pitcher between now and 7/31 to simply eat innings.

Woodruff pitched a total of 125 innings in 2018, 120 in 2017, 158 in 2016. He's already at 81 this year with another 18 starts to reach 32 plus any playoff games.

Davies has topped 163 innings only once as a pro (in 2017 at 191) then injured his shoulder last year. He's in a similar spot as Woodruff with 79+ innings with another 18 starts to reach 32

Peralta's career high in innings is approximately 140, and should be in pretty good shape now that he's coming out of the pen.

I don't know if its reasonable to expect a big turn around from Jimmy Nelson unless he regains his command, or how long it will take for Gonzalez to get back to where he was before having arm fatigue.

I would be shocked if Davies has an innings limit. Woodruff might have a goal or soft limit of around 190-200 innings...but if he's needed he'll pitch. He's 26 and a big dude, less need for an innings limit or any other concern than a younger guy like Peralta who's a little dude and 22.

I would be shocked if Davies has an innings limit. Woodruff might have a goal or soft limit of around 190-200 innings...but if he's needed he'll pitch. He's 26 and a big dude, less need for an innings limit or any other concern than a younger guy like Peralta who's a little dude and 22.

Does size matter? Plenty of big guys have had arm injuries.

Archived