Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Sunday 6/16

Brewer Fanatic Staff

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/store/dailylinkreport.jpg

Organizational Scoreboard including starting pitcher info, game times, MiLB TV links, and box scores

Links for affiliate audio

Standings and sortable stat pages

MiLB.TV options: San Antonio and Carolina home feeds, Biloxi, Wisconsin, and yes, Rocky Mountain, road.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

From our Draft Forum:

The Brewers are making use of whatever is left in their July 2nd (2018) draft pool, the latest are four signings:

RHP Alexander Cornielle is out of the Dominican Republic, here is his 2017 Perfect Game profile page (he's 17 now).

We won't know more about these other three players until their player pages are created:

Catcher Nader Garcia

Pitcher Ramon Carrasco

Pitcher Stanley Encarnacion

What.....no mention on Bello's 3-4, 2 HR game on here yet? Someone needs to slow my hype train for this kid, because I feel like I'm getting way too excited about this kid's potential - and will probably just be let down when he doesn't end up anything near as good as I currently think he'll eventually be!

Brewer Fanatic Staff
That's a rather interesting-looking boxscore for Wisconsin, with David Fry for some reason playing every position.

Wisconsin Pre-Game Media Notes

Box: Quad Cities 3, Wisconsin 2

Surely the person in the crowd coordinating "Gameday" loves box scores like this...

Rattlers Drop Final Game of First Half

Fry plays eight defensive positions for Wisconsin in 3-2 loss at Quad Cities

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

PHOTO GALLERY: Several Timber Rattlers interspersed among the River Bandits in this road game collection

Quick Brice Turang quote via WBAY

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Two straight 10 K, 0 ER games for Francis, this time with no walks.

Box: Biloxi 4, Jackson 0

First RHP Alec Bettinger turns his season around in an instant, and now it's Bowden Francis - Kudos, Pitching Coach Bob Milacki (and Alec and Bowden, of course).

Sweep Avoided As Francis and Company Silence Generals

Shuckers Conclude First-Half and End Four-Game Skid

By Andrew Chapman / Biloxi Shuckers

Each photo captioned precisely, voluminous galleries here from Brad Krause, who was in Jackson, MS with the Shuckers --

June 13th

June 14th

June 15th

Sunday June 16th:

AUDIO via Matt Pauley's WTMJ Brewers 'Extra Innings' Podcast: "Brew Crew Ball Managing Editor Kyle Lesniewski and Biloxi Shuckers broadcaster Garrett Greene are the featured guests."

Enjoy the entire podcast, but for the focus of this particular forum page, go the 35:00 minute mark for Garrett's chat.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
3 more hits for the pitcher moonlighting as a CF!

Box: Winston-Salem 6, Carolina 2

Carolina Closes First Half with 6-2 Home Loss to Winston-Salem

Clayton Andrews tallied his first multi-hit game and record his first RBI while going 3-for-5 in the loss

VIDEO Tweets via the Mudcats:

LHP Aaron Ashby brief interview

Pat McInerney triple

Devin Hairston dashes home

Clayton Andrews' third base knock of the game

Brewer Fanatic Staff

San Antonio Pre-Game Media Notes

Box: San Antonio 8, Reno 3

Missions Double Down on Father's Day

Set new team high with five doubles

I really don't know what to think of David Freitas. How does a pedestrian minor league journeyman just all of the sudden start destroying minor league pitching for 2 seasons?

Unleashing a Father's Day special

Freitas drives in four as Missions down Aces, 8-3

By Jerry Briggs / San Antonio Missions

Fun quotes within...

Brewer Fanatic Staff
What.....no mention on Bello's 3-4, 2 HR game on here yet? Someone needs to slow my hype train for this kid, because I feel like I'm getting way too excited about this kid's potential - and will probably just be let down when he doesn't end up anything near as good as I currently think he'll eventually be!

Box: Rocky Mountain 13, Orem 10

Still no linescore (certainly needed for that final tally, so here's an alternative version of the box)

AUDIO Highlight: Micah Bello's first home run of the night

Looking forward to future game summaries (crosses fingers) and home game press coverage. Until then, we're on our own in terms of digesting the box scores and game logs, often a challenge given high-altitude final lines.

Vibes pitchers hit six batters, including one dude three times. They also walked 15. My goodness, they won!

At the plate, five Vibes' reached base three times.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

With all the All-Star breaks, only San Antonio is in action Monday among the full-season teams, home at 7:05 Central.

But the two Maryvale teams begin play tonight.

If you think Pioneer League box scores can be unique, just wait.

Archived