Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Wednesday 6/12 - Timber Rattlers Noon Affair

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Organizational Scoreboard including starting pitcher info, game times, MiLB TV links, and box scores

Dominican Summer League Scoreboard (includes DSL Brewers/Indians game)

Links for affiliate audio

Have great seasons Garrett in Biloxi, Greg in Carolina, and Chris in Appleton! And welcome to Mike Haeger in San Antonio!

Standings and sortable stat pages

MiLB.TV options: Biloxi home feeds, Wisconsin road, Carolina not available, San Antonio idle.

I took a day off and went to Cedar Rapids hoping to watch Turang play, but he was out of the lineup. I was reminded of a similar effort a few years ago where I was hoping to see Isan Diaz and he also had the day off. Monte Harrison had a ninth inning blast in that game.

Jarvis was sitting around 89 mph on the stadium gun. He throws his offspeed stuff in any count and gave up hits when he left his fastball over the plate. Salaman was sitting at 90 mph. The ball comes out of his hand quickly and he worked through his first inning easily but gave up the home run that was the difference in the game. Gilles brings mostly 93 mph heat.

The Wisconsin lineup lacks an impact bat. The catching options look solid based on what I saw today. I went to CR last year and watched Payton Henry, I can remember that he had thrown out three base runners in an otherwise forgettable blowout loss. I'm still waiting for Wisconsin to play well when I'm in attendance. Today was a great day to be a Dad as I got to spend allot of time with my 13 year old daughter and she took a real interest in the game.

Go Brewers

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Wisconsin Pre-Game Media Notes

Box: Cedar Rapids 4, Wisconsin 3

Cedar Rapids Rallies Past Wisconsin

Bechtold's sixth inning homer breaks 3-3 tie

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

VIDEO via KCRG: Brief game highlights includes Korry Howell's two-run double

Frosty Microbrew: Six Stars Selected for South Bend Celebration

Kyle Lobner, Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Quotes throughout...

August 29th Fan Choice Bobblehead will be...

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Taking a new assignment in stride

Hitting standout Keston Hiura is back in San Antonio

By Jerry Briggs / San Antonio Missions

Nice job by Jerry acting as a de facto additional big league beat writer for the Crew at times, taking advantage of the access available when the Missions are at home...

PHOTO GALLERY via Joe Alexander: Hiura back in San Antonio

Brewer Fanatic Staff

San Antonio Pre-Game Media Notes

Box: Tacoma 4, San Antonio 2, ten innings

Nice Zack Brown effort...

Extra Innings Doom Missions

Tacoma registers 4-2 victory in 10 innings

By Jerry Briggs / San Antonio Missions

Included within, among other quotes:

Ray, Taylor still 'weeks away'

Missions manager Rick Sweet said injured outfielders Corey Ray and Tyrone Taylor are making progress but are "weeks away" from re-joining the ball club.

While Sweet didn't have a specific timetable, he did say he expected both would return this summer. Ray (finger) went on the injured list May 23 and Taylor (wrist) on May 26.

"They're improving but they're still weeks away," Sweet said. "They have not started doing baseball activities yet."

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Box: Jackson 5, Biloxi 1

#OldFriend, now 28 years old, closed it out for Mobile...

Shuckers Falter To Generals In Series-Opening Loss

Six-Game Winning Streak Ends But Biloxi Remains Atop South

By Andrew Chapman / Biloxi Shuckers

"The loss coupled with a Pensacola win slims Biloxi's division lead to three games over the South Division with four games remaining on the first-half schedule."

VIDEO via WXXV: Game action

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Box: DSL Indians 6, DSL Brewers/Indians 3

Eight losses in a row...it was 6-1 after seven innings.

Bright spots? Seven of the nine in the lineup were Brewers and they combined for ten hits, only one hitless, and three with two-hit games.

Carlos Roa doing Carlos Roa things. 17 years old.

More brightness? No Brewer pitchers threw in this one.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Box: DSL Brewers 7, DSL Phillies "White" Squad 1

Two runs in the 1st, then a big five-run "sigh of relief" 8th

Three rookie Brewers hurlers combined to post a stellar line. The first two (Oscar Castaneda, Fernando Olguin) are signees from Mexico.

17-year-old Carlos Roa on the co-op team, 16-year-old Eduardo Garcia (17 on July 10th) on the full squad. Garcia on base three times here. Both shortstops off to gaudy, impressive debut seasons, nice!

Archived