Brewer Fanatic

Possible Mad Bum trade...?

If you could create a trade for Mad Bum what would it be? And would it even be worth it for whatever crazy contract extension he would likely demand?

I would love for the Brewers to add another L.H.P in the rotation but im not so sure it would be worth it.

I think the deal would have to be something like Shaw, Burnes, & Houser

Oh no worries, I know you're new here and just figured I'd help point you in the right direction; also there is a Transaction Rumors/Proposals page under the Main forum page to be used for suggested or rumored trades. :)

BumMad isn't the same player he was in his prime. He's been pretty consistent the last 300IP and that's a 1.4 WAR/100IP. Last year Wade Miley was better than that and Chacin was comparable. Both of those guys signed as FA for pretty reasonable money. I wouldn't trade any ONE of the 3 you mentioned for about another 1.3 WAR of BadBum. I would much rather see the Brewers go after Trevor Bauer than waste resources on BumScrad. Sure Bauer is a prick, but a talented one. Another possibility of a rental would be Zack Wheeler, who is better then MadScum right now and could be available if the mets become a non-factor in the playoff hunt come the trade deadline. Another 2021FA option would be Robbie Ray, who might be more expensive as the Dbacks want to dump Greinke's salary (who's another target if the Dbacks eat a ton of salary).

plus, MadBum is an douche.

I'd take him for next to free, but if we had to give up ANYTHING of substance, I'd rather not have to root for him.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

BumMad isn't the same player he was in his prime. He's been pretty consistent the last 300IP and that's a 1.4 WAR/100IP. Last year Wade Miley was better than that and Chacin was comparable. Both of those guys signed as FA for pretty reasonable money. I wouldn't trade any ONE of the 3 you mentioned for about another 1.3 WAR of BadBum. I would much rather see the Brewers go after Trevor Bauer than waste resources on BumScrad. Sure Bauer is a prick, but a talented one. Another possibility of a rental would be Zack Wheeler, who is better then MadScum right now and could be available if the mets become a non-factor in the playoff hunt come the trade deadline. Another 2021FA option would be Robbie Ray, who might be more expensive as the Dbacks want to dump Greinke's salary (who's another target if the Dbacks eat a ton of salary).

Wheeler isn't good enough to give up anybody of value to the Brewers. I'll grant he's better right now than Chacin, Anderson, Perolta, Nelson, etc... I just don't know what the Mets would want for him. Bauer won't come cheap, the Indians have made that clear.

Burnes helped us less than a year ago. What on earth are we talking about here?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

He is a dbag, but he can still play. We got Shaw for next to nothing (he did turn out to be a good player) and Burns has potential but i dont see him helping us win now. MadBum could help us now.

What we got Shaw for has no real relevance to his value now. Burnes was a tremendous help last year. Houser is helping us now. If you look at MadBums numbers the last 3 years, he's been good -- not great or near ace quality, and not worth nearly the price tag you quoted to rent.

I frankly would probably not do any of the 3 players you mentioned straight up for Bumgarner. I could maybe be talked into Houser for Bumgarner straight up, but that's it. And I realize it would take more, but I just do not want him here that badly.

Archived