Brewer Fanatic

How nice would this look in our rotation this year?

TURBO

Without looking it up, anyone with an idea who this is?

GS -11

IP - 58.1

W-L: 7-2

ERA 2.16

K - 61

WHIP - 0.99

Odorizzi has been great this year which is crazy because he wasn't good at all last year and really before that. He wouldn't have been in the rotation to start the year but would have been the anderson out of the bullpen and would have definitely had a chance to start.

There are quite a few reclamation projects that would have looked nice so far. It will be interesting to see what we are saying in august

I was and am still ticked they didn’t sign Miley. Can you imagine the difference if we had Miley in stead of a Burnes/Peralta in the rotation to start the year? Wow.

I thought he was a for sure resign. I can't complain about our big signing of Grandal and Moose. Our offense would be in trouble without them but not signing Miley was a big blow. Maybe he wanted to be in Houston but still

Miley was a free agent.... perhaps he simply wanted to be at a few other places.

Perhaps we didn’t pony up the money. Sure we don’t know why he didn’t sign here or if we even offered him a contract...but 99% of cases money talks.

Verified Member

I figured at least one of the 3 youngsters would flop out of the gate in the starting role, thus I wanted either Miley or Gio. We missed them both, then we half fixed that miss by picking up Gio late. If they were confident that Nelson was going to come back strong then I get not signing either right away, but it still seemed a bit risky.

With Chacin's poor start we still aren't anywhere near having a settled rotation. Woodruff and Davies are locked in for the next month anyway, then we'll see who emerges at that point. I love the fierce competition. Everybody knows they are going to get a fair shot and it is probable that we are going to end up with quality numbers at the end of the year once everything shakes out.

I figured at least one of the 3 youngsters would flop out of the gate in the starting role, thus I wanted either Miley or Gio. We missed them both, then we half fixed that miss by picking up Gio late. If they were confident that Nelson was going to come back strong then I get not signing either right away, but it still seemed a bit risky.

With Chacin's poor start we still aren't anywhere near having a settled rotation. Woodruff and Davies are locked in for the next month anyway, then we'll see who emerges at that point. I love the fierce competition. Everybody knows they are going to get a fair shot and it is probable that we are going to end up with quality numbers at the end of the year once everything shakes out.

Not sure why Anderson doesn't get the love he's due. He's never posted an ERA north of 4.39 and has a 3.86 career ERA and has been a 3.68 ERA in MKE. There's zero reason to remove him from this years rotation. 3 are locked in. I also would pitch Gio every start he's healthy for.

Chacin, Nelson are totally up in the air.

Not sure why Anderson doesn't get the love he's due. He's never posted an ERA north of 4.39 and has a 3.86 career ERA and has been a 3.68 ERA in MKE. There's zero reason to remove him from this years rotation. 3 are locked in. I also would pitch Gio every start he's healthy for.

Chacin, Nelson are totally up in the air.

There are two reasons I'd consider Anderson to the pen:

-his velocity goes up in relief

-he's struggled with pitch efficiency.

I was and am still ticked they didn’t sign Miley. Can you imagine the difference if we had Miley in stead of a Burnes/Peralta in the rotation to start the year? Wow.

I was very surprised they were comfortable starting the season with Woodruff, Burnes and Peralta in the rotation especially after losing Knebel and having Jeffress shut down. Gio and Miley could both have been had for little money, yet Stearns chose to roll with the status quo and it didn't take long to scramble for bodies and pick up outside options. This was a head scratcher from the beginning.

I felt the same and Miley signed for under 5 million which is pocket change for a competent starting pitcher.

Archived