Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Friday 5/31 - TGIF!

Brewer Fanatic Staff

http://www.brewerfan.net/images/store/dailylinkreport.jpg

Organizational Scoreboard including starting pitcher info, game times, MiLB TV links, and box scores

Links for affiliate audio

Have great seasons Garrett in Biloxi, Greg in Carolina, and Chris in Appleton! And welcome to Mike Haeger in San Antonio!

Standings and sortable stat pages

MiLB.TV options: San Antonio/Biloxi/Wisconsin home feeds, Carolina road.

Grisham has had a really good May. He's moved into the top 15 in the league in OPS and I believe finishes the month with more walks than strikeouts. His ISO so far would also be a career best by a wide margin. He's suddenly becoming interesting again.

Grisham has had a really good May. He's moved into the top 15 in the league in OPS and I believe finishes the month with more walks than strikeouts. His ISO so far would also be a career best by a wide margin. He's suddenly becoming interesting again.

I keep forgetting how young he is. His early season left me throwing up my hands and giving up on him. I still lean towards Segovia.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

"Friday's game between the Mudcats and Dash at BB&T Ballpark in Winston-Salem has been postponed due to a power outage. The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Saturday, with seven-inning games beginning at 5:00 PM (4:00 PM Central) in Winston-Salem."

VIDEO Tweet: "OF Wes Rogers discusses his journey to the Brewers and how he's approaching the challenge of working with his new organization and teammates."

VIDEO Tweet: Having some fun with Zach Clark

Brewer Fanatic Staff

San Antonio Pre-Game Media Notes

Box: San Antonio 3, Omaha 0

Wilkerson Pitches Missions to Victory over Omaha

Shaw Homers, Scores All Three Runs

Voice of the Missions Mike Haeger: "Aaron Wilkerson tosses 7 scoreless tonight. His final May numbers: 28 IP, 1 ER, 13H, 9 BB, 25K. Turns in the lowest ERA (0.32) in a calendar month by a SA pitcher (25 IP min) since BAM started keeping the monthly numbers in 2005"

Wilkerson's season-long ERA now a bloated 0.46 :).

Staying with the game plan

Shaw, Wilkerson lead Missions past Storm Chasers

By Jerry Briggs / San Antonio Missions

Quotes within...

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Box: Biloxi 8, Tennessee 5

A line we're not used to for Drew Rasmussen...

Grisham's Three-Run Blast Seals Shuckers Comeback Over Smokies

Centerfielder's Five-RBI Night Drives Biloxi's Series-Clinching Win

By Garrett Greene / Biloxi Shuckers

"During his at bat, Shuckers' shortstop Luis Aviles lined a ball foul that struck a fan, forcing a delay in the action."

Sigh...

Tennessee Top of the 9th

Defensive Substitution: Bruce Caldwell replaces shortstop Luis Aviles Jr. , batting 1st, playing shortstop.

Perhaps related if Aviles was upset...

VIDEO via WLOX: Shuckers coaching staff named to South Division All Stars

Reigning Southern League Manager of the year Mike Guerrero set to manage a team other than the Shuckers come this June when Biloxi hosts the festivities

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Wisconsin Pre-Game Media Notes

Box: Peoria 3, Wisconsin 0

Another strong effort by RHP Logan Gillaspie.

Tenth pro game and 2nd this year at third base for David Fry.

Peoria Stops Wisconsin's Win Streak with a Shutout

Rattlers held to five hits in a 3-0 loss to the Chiefs

By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

"Friday night was the final game of Manny Piña's four-game rehabilitation assignment for the Rattlers. He caught all nine innings on Friday. Piña went 3-for-13 with two RBI and a walk in his four games with Wisconsin."

AUDIO via the Rattler Radio Soundcloud: "In tonight's Postgame Podcast, Chris Mehring & Kyle Lobner discuss a few of the turning points in the 3-0 loss to the Chiefs, Manny Piña, and have a little fun with the jerseys. Plus, Kyle has clubhouse comments from Logan Gillaspie, Jesús Lujano (with help from Michael Mediavilla), and Matt Erickson."

Frosty Microbrew: Shifting for Success

Kyle Lobner, Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Quotes throughout...

Think it’s time to give Wilkerson an opportunity at the big league level to start.

Wilkerson is your classic AAAA pitcher. He's always had sustained success in the minors but his repertoire isn't likely to translate to sustained success at the MLB level and he's generally struggled here.

He definitely has value as #6-#8 starter depth in the minors and can give you a chance as a spot starter if called upon. I wouldn't totally discount him possibly being a 5th starter/swingman as an MLB player, but I doubt it will be with us. He's definitely behind Nelson so I think it would take some injuries for him to get more than one spot start.

To me he has always been interesting. Not necessarily a top-tier prospect, but also not the disappointment that many seem to regard him as. I'll be the first to concede that he needs to improve his slugging to make it to the big leagues; whether that comes from a better BA or higher .ISO isn't as important, but it needs to happen. With that being said, to make the case for him: He's been young for his level at every step of the way, and he still is even as he repeats AA. He has lowered his K% the last 3 years as he has climbed (26% in A, 25% in A+, 22% in AA and now 20% in AA), and has a career OBP of .364. He has overall been above-average offensively at every level; 154, 119, 110, 107, 105 and now 132 wRC+ by year. He's on a 30+ SB/650 PA pace. And this is from a LHB who is at least capable of playing CF. If he wasn't a high first round pick the perception of him would be quite different.

I think he has a good chance of being a 4th OF or low-end starter type of player. I also hold out some hope that with that kind of eye and plate discipline he could become really good if the power shows up. A big if, but there's some upside at least.

• 2 weeks later...
Perhaps related if Aviles was upset...

That's what happened. He left to go to the hospital.

https://www.wlox.com/2019/06/11/i-couldnt-hold-myself-together-shuckers-player-speaks-out-after-young-fan-is-struck-by-foul-ball/

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived