Brewer Fanatic

NBA Finals

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Toronto wins game 1.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Man if Toronto wins....just brutal for Bucks fans...

Generally agree. And also think with home court and no KD that we'd have beat GSW as well.

But, I'd also say Tor winning would also kind of justify our loss to them in a way, if that makes sense. So that's kind of good for the Bucks. As in, most of the reaction towards the Bucks is kind of around us blowing it, we're better, you know kind of blaming them and making it like this shows they can't win it all with this team and were fake contenders, etc. Well, if the team they were up 2-0 and went to the wire in 3/4 losses vs goes onto win the Title it shows Tor was just really good (not that we suck as the narrative is now). Hope that make sense.

Going into this I've been saying Tor has a way better chance than people think as i thought they showed themselves to be really good to me, deep team, good D, Kawhi, no KD, etc. I'd say it's tough not to root for the forgotten market underdog who's done everything right in building their team and has never won before over the megateam who's kind of started acting cocky the last few years. But, it's probably best for the Bucks for Tor to lose so it makes it easier for KAwhi to leave. Plus, GSW winning without KD would also make it much easier if not locks in that KD will leave. Thus, Bucks top two contenders lose their best player.

I dunno....if Toronto wins it sorta takes the sting out a little for me.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Community Moderator
I dunno....if Toronto wins it sorta takes the sting out a little for me.

Agreed. I'm cheering for Toronto. They played better than the Bucks and are starting to look like the best team this year. Although the finals are likely headed for a 6 or 7 game series.

I'm absolutely rooting for Toronto. The fact that they beat the Bucks only helps because I really don't want people saying the Bucks were a huge disappointment. I've said all along that Toronto was getting really underrated, and while I'm disappointed in how the Bucks played at times, there's no shame in losing to this Raptors team. Their defense looked pretty solid again in game 1.

I really don't want people saying the Bucks were a huge disappointment.

They won the first two games and they dropped four in a row. They were a huge disappointment. Only thing that could have made it even worse is if Toronto went on to lose 4-0 to the Warriors.

They won the first two games and they dropped four in a row. They were a huge disappointment. Only thing that could have made it even worse is if Toronto went on to lose 4-0 to the Warriors.

Right. Which is why Toronto winning it all will help me feel a little better. Then at least you know you lost to the best team.

I’m pulling for Golden State because of UWGB’s Alfonzo McKinnie and Andrew Bogut ... I’ll always be a Bogut fan.

Same here. I hate how Bogut's time here was. My most vivid memory, sans the fall that basically ended his career in Milwaukee, was when he was at the FT line and he was pretty much the only guy playing hard. Nobody went to do that stupid obligatory hand slap(though I think it's stupid, it's still done by every team with every player when a team actually cares). And Bogut just kinda mock slapped everyone and shook his head.

He played hard, he was a good dude IMO and I like that he's had success elsewhere.

I like them a little more now that you pointed out McKinnie was a UWGB guy. I did not know that...but it's pretty cool.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

For those that don’t know much about Alfonzo McKinnie, he was part of some good UWGB teams that went to back-to-back NITs in 2014 and 2015. He was maybe the 5th or 6th best player on the roster back then and didn’t start until he was a senior. He honed his game in the G-League for 3-4 years and now has played in more NBA games than any former UWGB player besides Tony Bennett. Neat story.

For those that don’t know much about Alfonzo McKinnie, he was part of some good UWGB teams that went to back-to-back NITs in 2014 and 2015. He was maybe the 5th or 6th best player on the roster back then and didn’t start until he was a senior. He honed his game in the G-League for 3-4 years and now has played in more NBA games than any former UWGB player besides Tony Bennett. Neat story.

That's amazing. Started just one year at UWGB and is now a contributor on what MAY be the greatest team of all time. I watched a highlight...after I'd learned he went to UWGB of him, and he looked like an incredible athlete. He chased a guy down, blocked the ball, ran back up the court, beating his man and hit a corner 3.

Only seen a little bit, but he looks like the type of guy every team could use.

Raptors tried to do what we did, maybe defense with almost no time between shotclock and game clock down 2. Didnt work for them either. Also vanvleet is a pumpkin again. Predictably.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Raptors tried to do what we did, maybe defense with almost no time between shotclock and game clock down 2. Didnt work for them either. Also vanvleet is a pumpkin again. Predictably.

That game was the Raptors for the taking. You're down Klay, KD, a hobble AI and you can't get the job done? Shaun Livingston beats Kawhi to the ball on a slightly errant pass(though one Kawhi certainly should have had). Not to mention the nearly 4 minute scoring drought near the end of the game.

I did actually think VanVleet played outstanding last night. He got away with a few fouls on Curry, but he played him tough.

The Box and 1 defense was great to see. Reminded me of high school :)

Right. Which is why Toronto winning it all will help me feel a little better. Then at least you know you lost to the best team.

That's right logically, but I just can't get behind rooting for Toronto. They're the team that beat us and the prospect of watching Drake dance on the court would just be too much for me. Plus, I like Curry and the Dubs.

I only tuned in for the last couple minutes and was mostly redering to vanvleets 3 point shooting. He was 14/17 in the last 3 games against us, now 4/12 against golden st.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I only tuned in for the last couple minutes and was mostly redering to vanvleets 3 point shooting. He was 14/17 in the last 3 games against us, now 4/12 against golden st.

I can't resist the temptation to type VanFleet every time. But he was THEE difference in that series. Without him making an absurd number of shots, the Bucks win.

If Kawhi just doesn't get those 4 bounces in game 7 vs the Sixers...if the Bucks just hit a few shots or Giannis isn't called for a garbage 6th foul in OT, if...if...if. So close this year to being the Bucks finishing off a Warriors dynasty that's not even limping, more like crawling along at this point.

That's alright though. Bucks time is coming.

I will always wonder if we make one more play in Game 3 game, and win the 2OT game, if we would have won it all.

I think it's pretty obvious we win that series. I don't think we would have played quite like Tor is in the finals, but this would have been Giannis' coming out party and with the way GSW are playing defensively, Giannis would be putting up 40/15/5 in his first finals and....and I don't want to keep playing this hypothetical because it's making me sad.

Kevin Durant should be the NBA Finals MVP. In a weird way, I think he’s actually improved his free agent stock by proving how valuable he is to the Warriors through his absence. My goodness, what a missed opportunity for the Bucks.

Kevin Durant should be the NBA Finals MVP. In a weird way, I think he’s actually improved his free agent stock by proving how valuable he is to the Warriors through his absence. My goodness, what a missed opportunity for the Bucks.

Yeah but really I don't think anyone watching those last four games of that series can say the Bucks were the better team. Even the double OT game would have been a theft after having been outplayed almost the whole time.

Yeah but really I don't think anyone watching those last four games of that series can say the Bucks were the better team. Even the double OT game would have been a theft after having been outplayed almost the whole time.

Just hit 3's and it's not even a series. Toronto didn't win because they were better; they won because their 3-point shots were independent of the state of their butt sphincters.

Archived