Brewer Fanatic

This year's deadline

Zach Davies (Age 22-26):

40 total wins / 3.90 ERA / 1.318 WHIP / 110 ERA+ / 4.16 FIP

Trevor Bauer (Age 22-26):

46 total wins / 4.49 ERA / 1.439 WHIP / 95 ERA+ / 4.625 FIP

You are vastly ignoring Davies and the solid work he has put in for the Brewers because you are not wowed by his stuff. It is not a great way to judge a pitcher. A lot of guys have great stuff but can they actually use it?

Are you comparing Davies to Bauer? I hope not.

Davies is ok.

Bauer is a Verlander type horse that is able to throw more pitches and pitch deeper into games than any pitcher in baseball, that’s ready to explode this year and next.

Of course it’s a comparison. What the hell else would it be? It shows you the production Davies has had during his age 22-26 years versus the guy you’re slobbering over while trying to dump Davies for whatever you can get.

Again, “stuff” doesn’t always correlate to being a great pitcher. Labeling guys aces doesn’t mean they actually are. It’d be great if you understood that. You probably wouldn’t get so much crap.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zach Davies (Age 22-26):

You are vastly ignoring Davies and the solid work he has put in for the Brewers because you are not wowed by his stuff. It is not a great way to judge a pitcher. A lot of guys have great stuff but can they actually use it?

Davies is ok.

Bauer is a Verlander type horse that is able to throw more pitches and pitch deeper into games than any pitcher in baseball, that’s ready to explode this year and next.

Of course it’s a comparison. What the hell else would it be? It shows you the production Davies has had during his age 22-26 years versus the guy you’re slobbering over while trying to dump Davies for whatever you can get.

Again, “stuff” doesn’t always correlate to being a great pitcher. Labeling guys aces doesn’t mean they actually are. It’d be great if you understood that. You probably wouldn’t get so much crap.

Ok, I’ve stated my opinion, and you yours.

Ok, I’ve stated my opinion, and you yours.

Stats aren’t opinion.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The biggest issue is that BC92 doesn't ever state his opinions as opinions. It is rammed down our throats on an hourly basis as fact, and that is what often causes issues with other posters.

When you state obvious wishes, pipedreams, and opinions as facts, it rubs those of us who know they are not factual, the wrong freaking way.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Zach Davies (Age 22-26):

Davies is ok.

People disagree with you. A lot. I think a lot of it is because many of your ideas are pretty outlandish, and you take offense whenever they are challenged. That’s not a great way to maintain sanity on a fan message board. In my opinion (by the way, that phrase would suit you well often)

If I have to print imo any more than I already do I’m gonna puke. I think we’re all smart enough on this site to know none of us work in the Brewers front office, and EVERYTHING We say when arguing a point is an opinion.

And I get that people disagree with me a lot. And I admit I make more outlandish statements than anyone on this site. And I have been offensive. But I think that’s more in the past than lately. And if nothing else the devil’s advocate creates interesting thought.

I don't even know why we're talking about Bauer when BC92 has already told us we have an ace waiting in the wings for the playoff push. His name is Drew Rasmussen.

If you actually read any of my posts regarding Rasmussen you’d know that I never said that. Like the proverbial fish story, just keeps growing and growing........

Zach Davies (Age 22-26):

Davies is ok.

People disagree with you. A lot. I think a lot of it is because many of your ideas are pretty outlandish, and you take offense whenever they are challenged. That’s not a great way to maintain sanity on a fan message board. In my opinion (by the way, that phrase would suit you well often)

I read thru this page twice and I’m not the one taking offense. Three people, including you, admonished me or made snide comments towards me, without commenting on the topic. 2 or 3 on this site, do nothing but make snide comments towards me on my posts, without adding to the discussion. Those are the facts > not opinion.

I read thru this page twice and I’m not the one taking offense. Three people, including you, admonished me or made snide comments towards me, without commenting on the topic. 2 or 3 on this site, do nothing but make snide comments on my posts, without adding to the discussion. Those are the facts > not opinion.

You can quit the sob story. You’ve brought every bit of this stuff on yourself. Hell, you even admit you make more outlandish statements than anyone. People are going to call you out when you continue to do it. I called you out using actual facts (stats) using one pitcher you’d do just about anything to have and another you’d toss in the garbage for basically nothing. And you scoffed at it. Dismissed it. And added more of your opinion without adding a damn thing to the discussion. So spare me with this crap. Do better and people would leave you alone more. But you won’t. People see through you and your antics.

Is Zach Davies a relative of yours?

Exactly my point. Way to put it fully on display today.

Crew 92-- You are getting 3 guys still in A ball (Duran is in his 5th year and still in A ball). They are a long ways away from helping the Brewers. You give up Hader for a rental in Smith and have nothing other than Kennedy who is trying to reinvent himself as a reliever and nowhere near a Hader, for next year. Then you let Moose and Grandal go and maybe get replacements who aren't as good, but could fill a void IF MA ups the payroll to a ridiculous $180M next year. You give up the farm system and weaken the team for years. No thanks.

Crew 92-- You are getting 3 guys still in A ball (Duran is in his 5th year and still in A ball). They are a long ways away from helping the Brewers. You give up Hader for a rental in Smith and have nothing other than Kennedy who is trying to reinvent himself as a reliever and nowhere near a Hader, for next year. Then you let Moose and Grandal go and maybe get replacements who aren't as good, but could fill a void IF MA ups the payroll to a ridiculous $180M next year. You give up the farm system and weaken the team for years. No thanks.

I gain more good prospects than I give up, because I sell super high on Hader. Kennedy is good but expensive, that’s why the $ coming back, I still have Jeffress Guerra Knebel and others next year.

Duran is still highly rated, and so are the other 3. I can also trade 1 or 2 of those prospects for a quality big league ready player if I want.

I guess I’m in the minority thinking Bauer is a stud pitcher, but I do, and between he and Woody and Houser, I’ll take my chances in the playoffs.

I gain more good prospects than I give up, because I sell super high on Hader. Kennedy is good but expensive, that’s why the $ coming back, I still have Jeffress Guerra Knebel and others next year.

Duran is still highly rated, and so are the other 3. I can also trade 1 or 2 of those prospects for a quality big league ready player if I want.

I guess I’m in the minority thinking Bauer is a stud pitcher, but I do, and between he and Woody and Houser, I’ll take my chances in the playoffs.

I'm not as high on Jeffress, Guerra, and Knebel as you are. Jeffress is nothing near what he was last year. ERA and FIP are way up. Hits are up, HRs are up, Ks are way down. Guerra has allowed 12 runs in his last 14 IPs and going backward. Knebel coming off arm problems is iffy at best. I'm still far from convinced on Houser as a starter. He's done nothing so far to say he's going to do the job. Tonight he went only 5 and allowed 3 ERs and two bombs. His FB and CB play out well as a long man where he thrived, but highly questionable starting.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
At this point i want Zach Davies to not give up another run all season and coast to the Cy Young award.

Yes, then imagine what we could get if we trade him this offseason.

Ridiculed. That's what they'd get. Because playoff-contending teams don't trade off young, good, cost-controlled Major League starting pitching just because one fan doesn't like that they don't throw fast. ;)

Right now the bench consists of three pretty horrible offensive players in Saladino, Pina, and Aguilar.

Gamel has been great but he really has been the only dependable bat coming from the bench. Even Braun has been terrible coming in as a sub this year (Although, he is a starter for the most part).

This year’s team could use another Jerry Hairston/Gerardo Parra type player coming from the bench. Could go a long way, especially if they do make the playoffs. Make it as tough as we can late in games to get those last outs.

Community Moderator
This year’s team could use another Jerry Hairston/Gerardo Parra type player coming from the bench. Could go a long way, especially if they do make the playoffs. Make it as tough as we can late in games to get those last outs.

Unfortunately the Rangers are still in the playoff hunt because the versatile player that comes to mind out of the Jerry Hairston mold is Logan Forsythe. He can play any of the four positions across the dirt and could occasionally take some innings in the outfield. He has a league average wRC+, a .360 on base percentage, and is only signed through this season.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Right now the bench consists of three pretty horrible offensive players in Saladino, Pina, and Aguilar.

Gamel has been great but he really has been the only dependable bat coming from the bench. Even Braun has been terrible coming in as a sub this year (Although, he is a starter for the most part).

Howie Kendrick but the Nationals probably will think they still have a shot at the playoffs.

Verified Member
The needed bench bat could be Shaw. Saladino is a slight downgrade downgrade from Perez. There needs to be 2 guys on the roster capable of playing SS though, and generally backup SS can't hit a lick unless they are horrible at SS. If a guy can play a decent SS and is a decent bat he's a starter.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe our window to a title ends after 2020. So here’s what I do:

Trade for Trevor Bauer.

Bauer > Ray/Lutz & Turang & Ashby & Lemons

Trade for Robbie Ray.

Ray > Burnes & Peralta

Trade for Alex Colome.

Dubon & Diplan & Greip

Trade for Ian Kennedy.

Kennedy & 9.5 mil. > T Williams & P Henry

Trade Chacín > prospects

Trade Albers > prospects

Rotation: Bauer Woodruff Ray Houser Davies

Bullpen: Anderson Peralta Gio Guerra Jeffress Kennedy Hader Colome

I try to win this year with the pitching I’ve traded for, and since I have them all back, I can go for it again next year.

Then after next year I Trade Yelich and Hader and Woodruff for 12 Stud prospects, offer QO’s to Bauer and Ray, so I get 2 supplemental 1st round picks plus my own 1st rounder, and I rebuild with the best farm in the game, all done in one offseason.

I convince my owner to raise the payroll For ONE ALL IN YEAR, with the understanding of the sell-off reducing payroll to ridiculously low figures for 1-3 years.

Trade for Trevor Bauer.

Trade for Robbie Ray.

Ray > Burnes & Peralta

Trade for Alex Colome.

Dubon & Diplan & Greip

Trade for Ian Kennedy.

Trade Chacín > prospects

Trade Albers > prospects

I've been rolling this general premise around in my head a bit and it might be the best option. I think the Indians are trying to win, so I don't see them trading Bauer. Maybe you go for Greinke instead with Ray as the headliner...having them send back 15-20 million. I also will say I like your targets other than Bauer, but I don't like any of those trades at all. Also, Chacin/Albers are getting minimal return if traded. Chacin might get the Cashner return at best...Albers will get a 25 year old in high a with no upside.

The general premise of going big this deadline though, I think I might like it. We've also seen how trades can help energize your core players and spark winning streaks.

Trade for Trevor Bauer.

Trade for Robbie Ray.

Ray > Burnes & Peralta

Trade for Alex Colome.

Dubon & Diplan & Greip

Trade for Ian Kennedy.

Trade Chacín > prospects

Trade Albers > prospects

I've been rolling this general premise around in my head a bit and it might be the best option. I think the Indians are trying to win, so I don't see them trading Bauer. Maybe you go for Greinke instead with Ray as the headliner...having them send back 15-20 million. I also will say I like your targets other than Bauer, but I don't like any of those trades at all. Also, Chacin/Albers are getting minimal return if traded. Chacin might get the Cashner return at best...Albers will get a 25 year old in high a with no upside.

The general premise of going big this deadline though, I think I might like it. We've also seen how trades can help energize your core players and spark winning streaks.

This is right, go big or go home. ALL in..It's why you signed Moose and Grandal in the off season. You have probably a 2 or 3 year window left..take advantage of every single year of that window while you can. If it fails, it wasn't for lack of trying.

Archived