Brewer Fanatic

This year's deadline

he was demoted before the game last night. He blew 1 save a few days ago after converting several in a row before it. Then last night in his first game after being demoted he got shelled when the team was already down a bunch. 3.00 ERA to 4.5 in two games. Again, not like I'm saying he's gonna be lights out or anything. But probably immediately steps in as our top 2-4 due to how bad our pen is at the moment.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
single trade deadlines are the way to go! its about time Baseball got with the rest of the leagues.. next up, tradeable draft picks outside of the comp picks

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

he was demoted before the game last night. He blew 1 save a few days ago after converting several in a row before it. Then last night in his first game after being demoted he got shelled when the team was already down a bunch. 3.00 ERA to 4.5 in two games. Again, not like I'm saying he's gonna be lights out or anything. But probably immediately steps in as our top 2-4 due to how bad our pen is at the moment.

Meh...not sure he moves the needle all that much to make a big enough difference. Starter, starter starter...That should be their MAIN focus right now. Need a bullpen arm as well, yes, but a starter is more important. I don't want Lyles anywhere near that upcoming Cubs series.

First, I hate the needle moving phrase, see it every year, haha. And again, no one is saying he's some ace or anything. But he's better than half our pen right now and you could make a case he'd be the second best guy. Everyone's "needle" definition is different though, it helps the team and should cost nothing. Even if they get the starter we all want they still need at least one addition to the pen, if not two.

Probably best case is a legit starter(not a Lyles type), then a higher end pen guy like a Will Smith (before he became unavailable), then a filler type pen guy like Holland. I'd guess they actually get two filler types and no higher end ones.

Seth Lugo and Dominic Smith for Arcia and Erceg

I have no idea how to value Arcia, I don't value him very highly but some will always hold value for a young-ish shortstop that can defend in the majors.

That said, Erceg probably cannot hit in the majors, Smith can.

Rosario is discussed as moving to the OF but I'm not sure if Arcia really fits their plans, either.

Unfortunately, the Brewers don’t value Arcia that highly either. So other front offices certainly won’t.

Yeah publicly complaining about his defense and partially benching him isn't a very good tactic if you plan on trading him.

If Arizona opens up shop like it sounds like they will, they just demoted Holland after one bad game. then in his first game after being demoted he laid an egg. You can probably get him for next to nothing. I'm not saying he's gonna be our last year's Knebel. But in the position we're in where we don't really wanna spend a ton he seems like a competent pitcher you can get for nothing prospects.

Holland is pretty much the exact type of player I'd like to see the Brewers targeting for the most part. Someone who could get on a roll and throw like he did last year for the Nats, but who won't cost much.

Unless the team is going to add a bunch of payroll or part with the few highly regarded prospects they have, which I'd prefer they didn't, that seems like the Brewers best shot.

Jon Morosi

@jonmorosi

·

13m

Source tells me #Padres are the hub of a high percentage of trade talks across @MLB

, buying and selling. Because they have such a deep farm system, they are acting as the clearinghouse for teams seeking prospect capital. @MLBNetwork

Is it just me or is all the reporting of Bauer to the astros a big crock? I mean, why would a team vying for a division title trade him to a team that will be in the AL playoffs. I get the concept of trading him, just odd destination.Maybe I’m off on my thinking but that just seems weird if it happens.

Is it just me or is all the reporting of Bauer to the astros a big crock? I mean, why would a team vying for a division title trade him to a team that will be in the AL playoffs. I get the concept of trading him, just odd destination.Maybe I’m off on my thinking but that just seems weird if it happens.

Sounds more like Wheeler to the Astros if anyone.

Plus, Bauer has a widely publicized beef with several Astros players, including old UCLA teammate and rival Gerrit Cole. If it does happen, that’s must see tv—get your popcorn!

Hypothetically, the Astros want to keep Bauer out of the Yankees hands and go all-in on a World Series with Cole set to be a FA and they offer you Whitely or Tucker as a centerpiece and then put a couple of other pieces in the trade...that'd be tough for the Indians to pass on I'd think. Especially for a guy everyone pretty much knows will be gone this off-season if not at the deadline.

I'd think the Indians would be looking to add a couple of pieces, but there's a whole lot of smoke there.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Honestly a little surprised/disappointed that Grisham and Dubon are still both currently in the lineup for San Antonio. That's an indication DS doesn't really feel like he's close on anything at least involving those two, in which then I'd think it would be a bigger move. Now that's not to say they couldn't/won't get pulled early #hugwatch, but I was hoping one or neither would be in the lineup tonight.

FYI - Corey Kluber continuing to progress. Had another bullpen session today (Tuesday) with breaking pitches thrown. All has gone well. Tribe plans for him to toss a sim game against Tribe minor league players on Saturday and if that goes well, Kluber heads out on a rehab stint. That puts him on track for a mid to late August return..

Add that to the Salazar return to action (along with Jefry Rodriguez tossing again) & the chance the Tribe deals away Bauer continues to increase IF the Tribe asking price is met by a team...

These will be some interesting hours leading up to the Weds. trade deadline....

The RUMOR in Cleveland right now is that Bauer gets dealt as part of a 3 team deal.

Padres & Reds are other teams involved with Bauer ending up in Cincy. Right now its a matter of the medical clearing..

There is word that part of the trade attraction is Bauer with Cincy pitching coach (DJ). Those 2 have history together thru the Tx Baseball Ranch.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The Reds baffle me.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The Reds baffle me.

I think they & the Mets are baffling everyone..

I haven't seen anymore on what the Reds or Padres putting into the RUMORED 3 team trade but I have to think there is something of significance heading (either package or single player) back to Cleveland to part ways with Bauer..

The Reds baffle me.

I think they & the Mets are baffling everyone..

I haven't seen anymore on what the Reds or Padres putting into the RUMORED 3 team trade but I have to think there is something of significance heading (either package or single player) back to Cleveland to part ways with Bauer..

Which then could set the wheels in motion for a Brewers-Padres trade of some sort.

Archived