Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-28: Brewers (Davies) at Twins (Smeltzer) [Brewers lose, 5-3 — Crew strands 3 leadoff extra base hits and struggles against lefty starter making MLB debut; Davies pitches 6 scoreless innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This team needs another option than Claudio. Not all his fault but he still was giving up a run this inning despite the error. Hart looked great when up. Where the heck is he?

Literally on the mound at this very moment. In AAA. He had a couple rough outings earlier in the year that skewed his ERA up, but largely been good. I also liked his stuff when he was up here.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

The problem is Counsell continues to insist that Claudio can and should face RHB. They OPS 1.147 against him, while LHB ops .467 against him. If he was a traditional one batter LOOGY, he'd be fine, but Counsell refuses to use him that way, despite all the data saying that's exactly what he should be.

Next year Claudio won't be able to be a LOOGY, so he might be out of a job.

Why was Davies pulled in the first place?

He would have been facing the top of the Twins order for the 4th time this game. Not that the results would have been any worse, but statistically speaking, that's a bad idea.

Not if your other option is a mediocre high school pitcher Claudio

He would have been facing the top of the Twins order for the 4th time this game. Not that the results would have been any worse, but statistically speaking, that's a bad idea.

He's proven he can get their lineup out three times in a row. I think it's a good idea to keep him in the game. Counsell's overthinking is stinking.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Zach Davies had only thrown 87 pitches ... why did we pull him? This is the AL--we didn't have to pinch-hit for him.

We was about to face the top of the order. the 4th time through. I mean, I get why they did it, but Davies was looking very good tonight. At the end of the day, your lefty late-inning reliever needs to do his job, especially against lefty hitters. He didn't.

geez.

our smarter than smart manager really needs to re-evaluate how/if he ever uses Claudio again.

disgusting.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

He's proven he can get their lineup out three times in a row. I think it's a good idea to keep him in the game. Counsell's overthinking is stinking.

I agree with the decision. Was putting up zeros but getting hit pretty hard. Bullpen just dumpstered the game on us.

Archived