Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-26: Phillies (Eflin) at Brewers (Woodruff) [Brewers win, 9-1 -- Woodruff nearly perfect in 8 IP, 10 K, 1 H, 0 BB outing]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

47936346763_5aa3cc120b_c.jpg

47936346758_bd3e81d3c0_c.jpg

[pre]Phillies Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Andrew McCutchen ® LF 1. Ben Gamel (L) CF

2. Jean Segura ® SS 2. Christian Yelich (L) RF

3. Bryce Harper (L) RF 3. Ryan Braun ® LF

4. Rhys Hoskins ® 1B 4. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B

5. Cesar Hernandez (S) 2B 5. Yasmani Grandal (S) C

6. Odubel Herrera (L) CF 6. Hernan Perez ® 2B

7. Andrew Knapp (S) C 7. Eric Thames (L) 1B

8. Maikel Franco ® 3B 8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. Zach Eflin ® P 9. Brandon Woodruff (L) P[/pre]

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member
Hopefully Woodruff can get a win here today. A sweep at home is not a good thing. The Bucks disappointed last night and RIP Bart Starr. WI fans need some good news today.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Turns game on - hey gotta see this no hit shutout!

One pitch later - back to gardening...

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Sorry Moose, but that isn’t really the time to have a conversation. He deserved to be tossed...the Ump may be a douche, but Moose got what he deserved.

Yeah, gave him plenty of chances to stop and he didn’t.

Also funny that Woodruff didn’t know the strikeout of Hoskins was the third out.

Sorry Moose, but that isn’t really the time to have a conversation. He deserved to be tossed...the Ump may be a douche, but Moose got what he deserved.

Moose went over just to ask him about the check swing call. Calmly ask him about it. Estabrook said "It was 100% a swing, I'm not talking about this". Moose says "I just want to have a conversation about it" and Estabrook tossed him.

You can talk to the refs, period. These umpires that throw guys out of game for petty stuff like this have no place in this game, Moose 1000000% did not "get what he deserved". This guy has a problem, based on this and his strike zone yesterday...dude should go back to umping high school baseball.

Moose went over just to ask him about the check swing call. Calmly ask him about it. Estabrook said "It was 100% a swing, I'm not talking about this". Moose says "I just want to have a conversation about it" and Estabrook tossed him.

You can talk to the refs, period. These umpires that throw guys out of game for petty stuff like this have no place in this game, Moose 1000000% did not "get what he deserved". This guy has a problem, based on this and his strike zone yesterday...dude should go back to umping high school baseball.

Nah, he could have talked before/after the inning if it was oh so important. He didn’t, and wanted to have a full blown conversation in the middle of an inning. Moose was trying to create a scene and got tossed. I am great-fully glad random arguments that have nothing to do with what just happened on the field are not allowed.

Thank you David Stearns for not trading Woodruff when I'm sure everyone was asking for him.

Devil's advocate but what if we had traded Woodruff for Machado and won the World Series?

It is the argument many use to justify the Chapman for Gleyber Torres trade for the Cubs. I'm also glad we didnt trade Woodruff, by the way.

Archived