Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-25: Phillies (Arrieta) at Brewers (Chacín) [Brewers lose, 7-2]

Eye Black

So, Braun gives up on the game and it looks like the rest of the Brewers offense is doing the same.

They’re more interested in complaining about calls than swinging at strikes.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, Braun gives up on the game and it looks like the rest of the Brewers offense is doing the same.

I was just going to say they look so lifeless today. We deserve to shut this game off and enjoy the weather outside. They look even more lifeless than the Bucks have the last couple games.

Dugout looks as quiet as I’ve seen in awhile. Lifeless is a good way to describe them today. I hate weeks when they have multiple off days.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Most of the players are in the clubhouse as the are batting.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The Phillies apparently have decided that they don’t need any more runs and have their eyes set on getting the game over and making their dinner reservations.

The “just win series” approach hasn’t been working so well lately.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Front office one of the better ones in baseball, yes I believe they’ve earned my trust. So I’ll go with the decision they’ve made with Nelson. Just bothers me that he believes he should be up now, but he will be up soon I’m sure.

Pitching is not the biggest weakness of this team anyhow.

The Phillies apparently have decided that they don’t need any more runs and have their eyes set on getting the game over and making their dinner reservations.

The "just win series" mentality is silly anyway. Every game counts the same, a series win or loss means nothing, it's not volleyball. A series is nothing more than just a way of saying X amount of games at this geographical location. Sometimes you'll get swept, and sometimes you'll need to get sweeps when you can. No team is consistent enough to just win every series all the time, and sometimes you'll need sweeps to make up for a bad series.

The "just win series" mentality is silly anyway. Every game counts the same, a series win or loss means nothing, it's not volleyball. A series is nothing more than just a way of saying X amount of games at this geographical location. Sometimes you'll get swept, and sometimes you'll need to get sweeps when you can. No team is consistent enough to just win every series all the time, and sometimes you'll need sweeps to make up for a bad series.

I agree. It always bugs me when the team kicks a game away but someone says it’s OK because they won the series.

I’m not a huge fan of the manager putting on a show but if there was ever an appropriate time for CC to do that, it was then.

Unfreakinbelievable. Claudio is getting squeezed while Arrietta gets every call under the sun. Even Phillies beat writers are getting on Estabrook.

And not a darn thing will be done about it.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I’m not even made at Claudio. It’s not his fault he’s forced to face RH batters. Stupid use.

Archived