Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-25: Phillies (Arrieta) at Brewers (Chacín) [Brewers lose, 7-2]

Eye Black

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here today. Excited to see Hiura play.

Edit: if anyone hasn’t watched the Selig Experience it’s worth your time. It’s not super long but it’s a fun watch.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The Phillies offense is heating up. Hoping the Brewers can get a win today or tomorrow and say goodbye to them for the regular season with a win in the season series. I expect the Phillies to be a playoff team.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Looking like another short start as Chacin labors and can’t put anyone away.

Watching him right now is reminding me of watching Jeff Suppan where you just hope for the batter to hit it hard right at someone.

Brewers have to get the offense going against this potent Phillies offense and with a series looming against the Twins, who seem to be scoring in double digits every other day.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Phillies have the better roster.

The Brewers are 5-0 in games I’ve attended this year. That streak could be in jeopardy tomorrow.

Phillies have the better roster.

Maybe maybe not.

Although they should have a better roster spending 50 million more than us on it.

They look about $50 million better than us.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

We gotta watch another short start by a pitcher that shouldn’t even be in the rotation, while we have a pitcher trapped in AAA that could help us right now. Maddening.

Not sure that pitcher trapped in AAA would help right now. Maybe after a few more appearances.

You can’t just bail on pitchers all the time. They need time to work through things. The idea to move Chacin right now is what would be maddening.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

We gotta watch another short start by a pitcher that shouldn’t even be in the rotation, while we have a pitcher trapped in AAA that could help us right now. Maddening.

Not sure that pitcher trapped in AAA would help right now. Maybe after a few more appearances.

He’s there because the powers that be, don’t want to disturb the current rotation, not because he’s not ready. So we have to watch a Chacin throw 90 pitches BEFORE the 5th inning, putting more stress on a good but overworked bullpen.

He’s there because the powers that be, don’t want to disturb the current rotation, not because he’s not ready. So we have to watch a Chacin throw 90 pitches BEFORE the 5th inning, putting more stress on a good but overworked bullpen.

Haven't you told us repeatedly that the 'powers that be' in this organization have already proven enough that they simply shouldn't be questioned?

How do you know that? Nelson has shown that he’s healthy but not necessarily that he’s ready to get major league hitters out any better than the current starters.

Archived