Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-22: Reds (Castillo) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 11-9 -- Comeback win from an early 6-0 deficit]

Eye Black
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Braun is something like 1 for 12 career against Castillo, even without the knee...not a bad day to let Gamel take some hacks.

Of course Gamel should start, but he already would in place of Yelich. Braun is a much better option than Perez, 12 PAs doesn't change that. But if he's hurt, he's hurt; my comment was on the assumption he was being rested.

Is he though?...2 for 2 with a double already ;)

I think I'd be mad if Arcia swung 3-0 here...even if he hit it over the fence. Just set the bat down young man...

Well he swung at ball 4 twice but hit it the second time so I guess all is well that ends well

Sitting at work. Saw the highlight of Moose throwing someone out in the 2nd. Running in and barehand pickup. No way Shaw gets an out there.

Am I the only one that thinks Moose is better at defensively at 3B than Shaw? I understand keeping Shaw happy as he will be here next year and Moose won't. But now.........

Part of me thinks...I don't want to batter the bullpen too badly as they face the Cubs next. But.....we need to win. Also Reds have a day off tomorrow so they should be fine.

They have a deep, strong bullpen. Second in all of baseball strong. Not gonna be easy to score off of.

Sitting at work. Saw the highlight of Moose throwing someone out in the 2nd. Running in and barehand pickup. No way Shaw gets an out there.

Am I the only one that thinks Moose is better at defensively at 3B than Shaw? I understand keeping Shaw happy as he will be here next year and Moose won't. But now.........

I don't think moving Moose to 2nd this year as opposed to moving Shaw to 2nd last summer had anything to do with trying to keep Shaw happy.

I don't think moving Moose to 2nd this year as opposed to moving Shaw to 2nd last summer had anything to do with trying to keep Shaw happy.

Then why? That's the only reason I can think of.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

It more has to do with Shaw being part of the long-term future, and there being next to no depth at 3B beyond him. As we know, Moose is on a 1-year deal, and there is a strong 2B contingency plan in place.

It more has to do with Shaw being part of the long-term future, and there being next to no depth at 3B beyond him. As we know, Moose is on a 1-year deal, and there is a strong 2B contingency plan in place.

So you are saying Shaw would forget how to play 3B for 2020 if he played 2B this year? I'm still going with they were keeping Shaw happy, and they told Moose the situation before he signed, so he knew ahead of time the deal.

Archived