Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-22: Reds (Castillo) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 11-9 -- Comeback win from an early 6-0 deficit]

Eye Black

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braun feeling that hamstring again? With off days Monday and Thursday, and Yelich hopeful to be back Friday it would otherwise seem like an odd choice to have a scheduled off day for Braun today.

EDIT: Nvm, knee apparently

Not exactly a strong lineup against one of the best starters so far this year.

Braun is something like 1 for 12 career against Castillo, even without the knee...not a bad day to let Gamel take some hacks.

Of course Gamel should start, but he already would in place of Yelich. Braun is a much better option than Perez, 12 PAs doesn't change that. But if he's hurt, he's hurt; my comment was on the assumption he was being rested.

Perez is 1 for 10 with 2 walks career vs castillo. Braun is probably a slightly better option, but unlikely either are productive today against Castillo. In an ideal world, Perez should be glued to the bench barring an emergency or a PH appearance in extra innings.

It's a weekday afternoon game. Doesn't matter who's in the lineup they'll play like crap.

I only say this because weekday afternoon games are the only games I get to watch uninterrupted and I'm usually so disgusted I turn it off in the early innings. Hopefully I'm proven wrong today.

It's a weekday afternoon game. Doesn't matter who's in the lineup they'll play like crap.

I only say this because weekday afternoon games are the only games I get to watch uninterrupted and I'm usually so disgusted I turn it off in the early innings. Hopefully I'm proven wrong today.

Brewers are 5-3 in weekday afternoon games this season.

Some guys see certain pitchers really well, a 10-15 PA sample size against a certain pitcher can be very telling. Believe me, I play that game in my fantasy baseball league to great success.

Baseball is such a high-variance game though. If a hitters "true skill level" against a certain pitcher is that of a .200 hitter, he could still easily be 5 for 10 or 0 for 12 early on. Just as a .300 hitter could start 0 for 8. With these sample sizes you just don't know. If we're debating starting Tyler Saladino or Hernan Perez then sure go with whoever has the better record in the matchup. But if it's Mike Trout vs, well pretty much anyone, I don't care if he's 0 for 10.

Brewers are 5-3 in weekday afternoon games this season.

I walked away to do something, came back to down 5-0. I'm probably done for today.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If Yelich ain't playing what's left to watch with this team? Geez.

The short answer to that question is Keston Hiura.

He's definitely making a case to stay up with the big club. It's just nice having another bat in the lineup who shows some modicum of balance.

If Yelich ain't playing what's left to watch with this team? Geez.

The short answer to that question is Keston Hiura.

He's definitely making a case to stay up with the big club. It's just nice having another bat in the lineup who shows some modicum of balance.

(Goes to dictionary.com to look up the definition of modicum)

Agreed

Archived