Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Gonzalez) [Brewers lose, 3-0]

Eye Black
What's more frustrating the Hirua leg kick or the Weeks waggle?

Umm...the leg kick. The waggle was a great timing tool. That leg kick is a timing tool for bar league softball.

Weeks had little leg kick and used his bat speed to his advantage. It was pretty impressive the power he got out of that.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that really drives me nuts is it it wasn't addressed in the minors. There's a reason almost nobody in the big leagues lifts their front foot more than a few inches off the ground.

The thing that really drives me nuts is it it wasn't addressed in the minors. There's a reason almost nobody in the big leagues lifts their front foot more than a few inches off the ground.

I will have to watch again, but I looked up video from his college days and it seemed way less pronounced and high.

I don’t get it.

Are we really comparing Hiura to one of our biggest busts ever in weeks? Can we wait a bit...?
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Are we really comparing Hiura to one of our biggest busts ever in weeks? Can we wait a bit...?

You said...from the Keston thread...

"At what point do we send Hiura down and bring Dubon up? Three games is three games!"

Are you trying to be a professional counter-point or are you just bi-polar?

They have multiple comparable attributes. Care to disagree? Didn’t say he was going to be Rickie Weeks. No need to jump to conclusions

And hard to call Weeks a bust. He was an above average player who without injuries likely would have been a multi AS player and one of the better 2Bs of his short peak. Prospects flame out at crazy high levels. Many guys, even in the Top 5, manage nothingburger careers.

You said...from the Keston thread...

"At what point do we send Hiura down and bring Dubon up? Three games is three games!"

Are you trying to be a professional counter-point or are you just bi-polar?

I didn’t make that comment blue but I guess I should have. He’s already clearly better than a .165 hitter that he replaced. And anybody’s with weeks talent who had a couple decent years is a huge bust. I’m not in the “Hiura is our savior” crowd but he certainly doesn’t need to be. Just hit .250 and play decent defense and he’s a big upgrade.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Fair enough PHNX

This super long man role for Freddy might be a team saver. If he can come in and throw 5 zeros here... win or lose that save this team a lot of stress.

Him and Anderson both.

Or we'll just pull him with no one on and blow our pen to bits. CC has seemingly sucked for a week.

Archived