Brewer Fanatic

Can Yelich hit 50 home runs this season?

TURBO

Purely by games left to go for the Brewers, Yelich is on pace for 62-63 homers. The week he missed probably skews that number down by a homer or two, but not sure what calculation would put him on pace for 70 at this point.

But yeah, 50 seems very possible at this point.

Purely by games left to go for the Brewers, Yelich is on pace for 62-63 homers. The week he missed probably skews that number down by a homer or two, but not sure what calculation would put him on pace for 70 at this point.

But yeah, 50 seems very possible at this point.

Ahhhhhhh, I forgot he missed all that time. Yes, you would be correct.

The way I figured his pace at this point was: take his insane 19 hr / 44 games played, cross multiply by x / 113 games remaining, because I want him to be healthy forever and play every single day. Solve for x and add 19 and you get 67.7954, which seems about right.

From the last 52 team games last year he hit 21 HRs. Through 49 team games this year he has 19 home runs. That's 40 HRs in 100 team games.

That's a 65 HR pace. I would imagine he has a shot at 50 :)

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

If the pitchers in major league baseball are real men, as opposed to wimps, I think Yelich could have a very huge year. Part of that is having folks who make them pay for being total cowards and wimps with the intentional walk...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If the pitchers in major league baseball are real men, as opposed to wimps, I think Yelich could have a very huge year. Part of that is having folks who make them pay for being total cowards and wimps with the intentional walk...

Come on Clancy, you know that there is no pitcher in the majors who decides to intentionally walk a batter. That is coming from the manager 100% of the time.

It almost goes without saying, but Yelich's ability to hit 50-60+ HR is going to be based in-part on the hitters around him. It's a lot harder to walk Yelich if Cain is on first, and if Moustakis, Braun, Grandal, etc. are punishing teams who put an extra runner on-base.

It almost goes without saying, but Yelich's ability to hit 50-60+ HR is going to be based in-part on the hitters around him. It's a lot harder to walk Yelich if Cain is on first, and if Moustakis, Braun, Grandal, etc. are punishing teams who put an extra runner on-base.

True, but intentional walks to Christian Yelich need to be shamed. Vigorously.

Community Moderator
Random tidbit, Barry Bonds hit 50+ homers, once. Hank Aaron, zero.

Slow and steady wins the race. Kinda amazing the two HR hitters of all time have one single 50+ homer season.

Sammy Sosa hit 60+ HR three times & never led the league in any of those three seasons.

At this point 40 seems like a lock and a good change at 50. 60 seems out of range. Especially if he misses time due to his back flaring up time to time.

I'd say anything less than 45 would be a disappointment, honestly. Either because he tails off, or misses a lot of time because of an injury or multiple injuries, 24 more dingers in 100+ games should be easily doable considering his pace.

The brewers are at the 1/3 point of the season. Yelich is currently on pace for 63 Hr and 30 SB. He would be the first player in MLB history to do that.

I dont think he will get there as there is a lot of season left, but it is quite amazing the pace he is on.

The brewers are at the 1/3 point of the season. Yelich is currently on pace for 63 Hr and 30 SB. He would be the first player in MLB history to do that.

I dont think he will get there as there is a lot of season left, but it is quite amazing the pace he is on.

And it looks like he has no shot at the MVP, which is amazing!

And it looks like he has no shot at the MVP, which is amazing!

Whole lot of season left. A lot can happen. Bellinger isn't Hercules.

Yelich has a shot to be the first player since Chuck Klein in 1932 to lead the league in HR (38) and SB (20). Willie Mays did lead his league in SBs and HRs but never in the same season.

Yelich is first in HR and 2nd in SB right now. 2 HR lead over Bellinger and 2 SB behind Jarrod Dyson

Think I would bet on Yelich hitting 60 homers over him leading the league in steals. Heck I would probably bet on him hitting 60 homers over him stealing 30 bases. I don't think he racks up that many steals to be honest.

Think I would bet on Yelich hitting 60 homers over him leading the league in steals. Heck I would probably bet on him hitting 60 homers over him stealing 30 bases. I don't think he racks up that many steals to be honest.

I agree but it is May 28 and he is 2nd in the NL

If Yelich doesn't hit 29 more home runs in 107 remaining games it would be a disappointment. For about a year now he's probably averaging a homer every 10 at-bats.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I agree but it is May 28 and he is 2nd in the NL

Sure. He has a chance because Dyson sucks and may not rack up the ABs to do it and Turner has been a cripple for most of this season.

With Grandal, Braun, and Moustakas behind him, I think Yelich has the protection to hit 50-60 homers this year. I'm pushing for the 60, to be honest. Next year, the Crew needs to move that right field fence in about ten feet. Maybe 15 if they can get away with it...

With Grandal, Braun, and Moustakas behind him, I think Yelich has the protection to hit 50-60 homers this year. I'm pushing for the 60, to be honest. Next year, the Crew needs to move that right field fence in about ten feet. Maybe 15 if they can get away with it...

Why? There is absolutely no need to do that. None. Miller is already a band box. Why make it a little league field?

Why? There is absolutely no need to do that. None. Miller is already a band box. Why make it a little league field?

Moar Dingerz.

Archived