Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-18: Brewers (Anderson) at Braves (Gausman) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 10 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think these broadcasters are terrible, but the quality of their call is more in line with what I'd expect from a minor league game. Tons of repetition, cliches, and bad jokes.

Surely they could find someone better and more experienced for a weekend nationally-televised game?

I don’t know, A.J. Pierzynski seems to actually be terrible at it. I don’t think he has the type of former player personality and insight/knowledge sharing that play well on broadcasts. Of course he didn’t exactly have the type of personality that played well on the field either.

Despite his reputation I don't find him that intolerable. He has some occasional nuggets of insight, and makes mention of a lot of the obvious things that might not obvious to the casual fan. So I think he could develop into a decent color guy, I just prefer I didn't have to listen to him hone his skills, a national broadcast should have a team with a bit more polish.

This should not be surprising to me given Fox's track record of selection and evaluation of broadcaster talent, but still.

If CC doesn’t want to use Peralta in this game because we were ahead by a run, then he should have used him in yesterday’s game in the 6 th down by 3. He could have finished that game, saving burnes for high leverage where he belongs. Confusing last two games.

Verified Member
Looked like Hiura was standing around watching when he should have been covering second on that double by Freeman. It appeared Cain was going to throw it to second when he realized no one was covering and ended up spiking it into the ground. Rookie mistake. Thankfully it didn’t lead to any runs.

If CC doesn’t want to use Peralta in this game because we were ahead by a run, then he should have used him in yesterday’s game in the 6 th down by 3. He could have finished that game, saving burnes for high leverage where he belongs. Confusing last two games.

I totally agree with you on Claudio today, but I don't know why you keep beating that Corbin Burnes horse to death when there was nothing wrong with the moves yesterday. It's pretty evident that we should probably cool it on the high leverage reliever talk with him for awhile.

Corbin stunk yesterday. Let's not pretend he just would have been magically nailing the corners if the score was 0-0 instead of 3-0.

Braves have the quality starter arm in their pen, Newcomb that can throw 2-3 innings, shutting us down.

This is what we need. Peralta could be one but CC won’t pitch him, yet anyhow. Houser another but CC not trust him either. Very confusing.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Braves have the quality starter arm in their pen, Newcomb that can throw 2-3 innings, shutting us down.

This is what we need. Peralta could be one but CC won’t pitch him, yet anyhow. Houser another but CC not trust him either. Very confusing.

Thinking he doesn't trust either.

Thinking he doesn't trust either.

I think your right.

Archived