Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-18: Brewers (Anderson) at Braves (Gausman) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 10 innings]

Eye Black
I know we’ve played a lot of good teams with good pitching, but this brewers offense is not good. Outside of home runs, too many hitters with bad approaches. Not sure it’s gonna get better, might have to pitch our way to the playoffs and hope Yelich carries the team on his back again.

Welcome to Major League Baseball in 2019.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

We are currently 5th in the NL in OBP, 1st in LOB & 3rd in runs scored.

As long as we continue to reach base at a good rate, we should continue to score runs at a good rate, but it will also mean we also will have a high number of runners LOB. That is just a "consequence" of having a good offense.

Anyone know if there is anywhere that tracks % of base runners who score on a team wide level? I'm guessing it wouldn't have much predictive value but still might be interesting to look into.

Aguilar swings at terrible pitch inside.

Hiura swings a pool noodle.

Annnnnnnd no runs will be scored. Nice job guys.

Unfortunately it’s become the M/O of this team.

We are one of the top two tree teams in the NL to this point.

That is an M/O I can live with.

Thank Yelich Hader Davies for the decent record.

Verified Member
Claudio against a right-handed power hitter. Almost like we've seen that before.

Yeah, I thought that was odd with Markakis being a non-power lefty. Seems like you give Albers those two anyway and bring in Claudio for McCann, although he can't get him out either.

I don't think these broadcasters are terrible, but the quality of their call is more in line with what I'd expect from a minor league game. Tons of repetition, cliches, and bad jokes.

Surely they could find someone better and more experienced for a weekend nationally-televised game?

Claudio pitching to right handers = Kotsay playing CF in a play off game.

You just know something bad is going to happen...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Community Moderator

Unfortunately it’s become the M/O of this team.

We are one of the top two tree teams in the NL to this point.

That is an M/O I can live with.

Thank Yelich Hader Davies for the decent record.

Thank you Christian. Thank you Josh. Thank you Zach.

Thank you everyone else. (It is a team enterprise after all).

Also, thank you Stearns & company plus CC & his cohorts (except ol' Windmill Eddie of course)

Still lots of game left. Down one run doesn't mean we can't steal this one away.

True. Some missed opportunities is frustrating though. Then the manager not putting the team in the best position to succeed piles on.

Community Moderator
I don't think these broadcasters are terrible, but the quality of their call is more in line with what I'd expect from a minor league game. Tons of repetition, cliches, and bad jokes.

Surely they could find someone better and more experienced for a weekend nationally-televised game?

I don’t know, A.J. Pierzynski seems to actually be terrible at it. I don’t think he has the type of former player personality and insight/knowledge sharing that play well on broadcasts. Of course he didn’t exactly have the type of personality that played well on the field or in the clubhouse either.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

When you continue to foolishly throw a soft tossing LOOGY out against a power righty in a late and close situation, despite mounds of evidence showing you that it's a terrible matchup, you completely deserve the results of that move.

Not sure what else to say about that. Hope they can rally in spite of it.

Archived