Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-18: Brewers (Anderson) at Braves (Gausman) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 10 innings]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

46958043835_9d5d0f9282_c.jpg

47084908924_40cf6cdf4b_c.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Braves Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 1. Ronald Acuna Jr. ® CF

2. Christian Yelich (L) RF 2. Dansby Swanson ® SS

3. Ryan Braun ® LF 3. Freddie Freeman (L) 1B

4. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B 4. Josh Donaldson ® 3B

5. Jesus Aguilar ® 1B 5. Nick Markakis (L) RF

6. Yasmani Grandal (S) C 6. Austin Riley ® LF

7. Keston Hiura ® 2B 7. Brian McCann (L) C

8. Hernan Perez ® SS 8. Ozzie Albies (S) 2B

9. Chase Anderson ® P 9. Kevin Gausman (L) P[/pre]

Chase Anderson: Batter (Braves) vs Pitching Stats

Kevin Gausman: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This braves team the best of the east imo. And their only real weakness, the bullpen, should get better as the season moves forward. Tough team to beat.

Great to have Anderson back. This pitching staff has sure been a work in progress, but I’m confident that by the middle of June, with Nelson back and pitchers settling into roles, we’ll have one of the best staffs in baseball.

Two struggling starters going for the Braves the next two days. Need to repeat the Phillies series by winning out after losing the first game to get out with a good road trip.

At least make the game watchable since there’s no Bucks game to bail out to tonight.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Good first inning. Hopefully we can continue with at bats like those. Walks and hitting them where they aren't. Seems like that happens to us a lot.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Braun is far too old and experienced to make a boneheaded play like that.

Throwing to 2B with a man on 3rd who wasn't going to score had Braun made the smart decision there?

DUMB!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Community Moderator
Stranding the bases loaded had gotten old. In my opinion, we shouldn’t do that anymore!

The Brewers have the most plate appearances with the bases loaded in all of baseball at 75 total now.

The next closest teams in MLB are the Dodgers and Red Sox who have 58 PAs with the bases loaded.

Unfortunately the Brewers have a 67 wRC+ with the bases loaded (Dodgers are at 143 wRC+ and Red Sox at 158 wRC+ with the bases loaded).

On the bottom end of the spectrum 10 teams have less than 40 PAs with the bases loaded including 4 with less than 30 PAs with the bags full.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I know we’ve played a lot of good teams with good pitching, but this brewers offense is not good. Outside of home runs, too many hitters with bad approaches. Not sure it’s gonna get better, might have to pitch our way to the playoffs and hope Yelich carries the team on his back again.

Community Moderator
Aguilar swings at terrible pitch inside.

Hiura swings a pool noodle.

Annnnnnnd no runs will be scored. Nice job guys.

Unfortunately it’s become the M/O of this team.

We are one of the top two tree teams in the NL to this point.

That is an M/O I can live with.

Archived