Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-17: Brewers (Chacín) at Braves (Fried) [Brewers lose, 12-8]

Eye Black
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did the Brewers not have a first base coach when Hiura was at bat?

Wasn't anywhere close on the replay from what I saw.

That looked like Hiura’s decision. He saw where the ball was headed and decided to go on his own

If you aren't going to be vocal as the base coach, and it's Hiura's choice, don't have a base coach.

Looks like Chacin's 2018 season is his outlier. He's now back to being who I thought he was when we signed him. A career mediocre #3 or 4.

He's a career 3.89. Nothing is wrong with 3.89 for 7 mil a year.

Our offense is plenty capable of getting back 3 runs. But the way Chacin is getting hit up it could have been, and feels about to be about 7-0.

Just sitting down to read this thread. From everyone’s reaction I thought it would be 7-0 as well.

Our offense is plenty capable of getting back 3 runs. But the way Chacin is getting hit up it could have been, and feels about to be about 7-0.

Just sitting down to read this thread. From everyone’s reaction I thought it would be 7-0 as well.

Fried completely dominating us. 3 run deficit seems insurmountable because of him.

This team just doesn’t manufacture runs, I’m beginning to think it’s not stressed, by the front office, CC whatever. Maybe their analysis has determined it’s not worth changing there homerun approach, I don’t know the answere here, just grasping at straws.

Pretty tough to stay interested in this game with the Bucks doing so well on another channel. Usually I stay focused on the Brewer game and tune into the Bucks occasionally. Tonight I am more focused on the Bucks, and tune into the Brewers occasionally. lol
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Why is Burnes in this game?

Seems like a good time to get him some work. I guess they were only down 3 but I suppose they were hoping he could go 2 or 3 innings tonight since Chacin had a shortish start

Pretty tough to stay interested in this game with the Bucks doing so well on another channel. Usually I stay focused on the Brewer game and tune into the Bucks occasionally. Tonight I am more focused on the Bucks, and tune into the Brewers occasionally. lol

I'm the only one on the Bucks thread. I'd much rather watch a Bucks ECF game they most likely are going to win than a Mid May Brewers game they are most likely going to lose.

(Tunes into Brewers game during a Commercial break on TNT to see an 8-0 score)

EDIT: Will lose.

One of the few disagreements I’ve had this year with CC in bringing in Burnes down 3, but the way Fried pitching might as well be 10. Burnes high leverage adrenaline type pitcher, bad decision.

Barnes could have 2, Albers an inning.

If CC is concerned Rock, then why is he still in there.

It's not a good idea to leave a young guy in this long, he is getting destroyed.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

One of the few disagreements I’ve had this year with CC in bringing in Burnes down 3, but the way Fried pitching might as well be 10. Burnes high leverage adrenaline type pitcher, bad decision.

Barnes could have 2, Albers an inning.

now it is 10! haha, you're Nostradamus!

Verified Member
Why is Burnes in this game?

Jeffress has been moved back to his high leverage spot along with Guerra and Hader. Claudio has his SMOG role (SouthpawMultipleOutGuy). Houser, Albers, Burnes, and Barnes are the candidates to pitch when down or up a lot. Albers and Houser pitched yesterday.

It was the perfect Burnes spot and he turned it into the perfect Barnes spot. Woulda been nice if those two could finish the game but I'd imagine Claudio (or Perez) will get those honors.

Angry at CC. Why leave him in this long to give up 2 extra hrs. Worst decision he’s made all year. Barnes should have been in this inning to begin, but certainly before last 2 home runs. I hope he apologizes to burnes and takes responsibility for this debacle.

Archived