Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-16: Brewers (Davies) at Phillies (Eflin) [Brewers win, 11-3 -- Four home runs combined from Yelich (2), Grandal, and Moustakas; Braun stays hot at the plate]

Eye Black
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hiura's clearly a "to all fields" kinda hitter, so it's a bit strange how much he seems to be trying to pull everything. He just looks off up there, but honestly I can't imagine the nerves of going to the Major Leagues for the first time, combined with Hiura being a slow starter at just about every level he's played at. Hoping it's just that and in a week or two he'll be comfortable.

In the meantime, would probably keep him 7th and let Thames or Aguilar bat 6th, but it's probably not that big of a deal either way.

Yeah I think it's gotta be nerves, especially because he's come up a couple of times now with the bases loaded or multiple guys on base. Hopefully in a week or so we see him get the bat on the ball more often.

This has been such a weird series.

Brewers have left the bases loaded SO MANY TIMES, and sometimes with nobody out.

And yet they're hitting so much that they've scored tons of runs and won games anyways (hopefully continuing that trend here today).

I think Rock just said nobody was talking about Guerra as a bullpen ace before the season. Clearly he doesn't spend much time on Twitter.

Wasn't' he the guy who said nobody thought Suter would make the majors?

Loved the guy as a player... wish he'd gotten more ABs as a catcher for the Crew... but as a commentator, I sometimes think I'd do better.

I think Rock just said nobody was talking about Guerra as a bullpen ace before the season. Clearly he doesn't spend much time on Twitter.

Wasn't' he the guy who said nobody thought Suter would make the majors?

Loved the guy as a player... wish he'd gotten more ABs as a catcher for the Crew... but as a commentator, I sometimes think I'd do better.

Don't get me wrong, I love Schroeder as an announcer. But I also wouldn't really ever expect him to be plugged into the online community either.

Archived