Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-16: Brewers (Davies) at Phillies (Eflin) [Brewers win, 11-3 -- Four home runs combined from Yelich (2), Grandal, and Moustakas; Braun stays hot at the plate]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

33984529918_a4a73007e4_c.jpg

46945653835_b800bc95d4_c.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Phillies Lineup

1. Ben Gamel (L) CF 1. Andrew McCutchen ® LF

2. Christian Yelich (L) RF 2. Bryce Harper (L) RF

3. Ryan Braun ® LF 3. Jean Segura ® SS

4. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B 4. Rhys Hoskins ® 1B

5. Yasmani Grandal (S) C 5. Cesar Hernandez (S) 2B

6. Keston Hiura ® 2B 6. Odubel Herrera (L) CF

7. Eric Thames (L) 1B 7. Andrew Knapp (S) C

8. Orlando Arcia ® SS 8. Maikel Franco ® 3B

9. Zach Davies ® P 9. Zach Eflin ® P[/pre]

Zach Davies: Batter (Phillies) vs Pitching Stats

Zach Eflin: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It sure is great to see Braun playing so well. Fun stuff.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm not expecting Braun to rediscover the fountain of 2012 youth or anything, but he has really been swinging a nice bat lately. If he has enough left in the tank for a 25-30 HR .850 OPS or so season that would be huge for this offense.

As much as I like Moustakas, it's kind of hard to believe when you look up his career numbers and see he's only a .740 career OPS hitter. Less than Jonathan Schoop, for comparison.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Tough matchup for Hiura. Obviously wish his first big situation test had gone a little better for him.

It's his first taste of the Big Leagues. There will be highs and lows. Hopefully the Brewers stay the course with him, because he's got the talent to make it pay off I think.

As much as I like Moustakas, it's kind of hard to believe when you look up his career numbers and see he's only a .740 career OPS hitter. Less than Jonathan Schoop, for comparison.

Moose struggled early in his career. He is pretty much an .800 OPS guy or higher since 2015 with last year at .774 being his one year under .800.

Archived