Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-14: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eickhoff) [Brewers win, 6-1 -- Keston Hiura makes MLB debut and goes 2-for-3 with BB]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

46929493645_89159eabb7_c.jpg

46929493695_a3db108afd_c.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Phillies Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 1. Andrew McCutchen ® LF

2. Christian Yelich (L) RF 2. Jean Segura ® SS

3. Ryan Braun ® LF 3. Bryce Harper (L) RF

4. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B 4. Rhys Hoskins ® 1B

5. Jesus Aguilar ® 1B 5. J.T. Realmuto ® C

6. Yasmani Grandal (S) C 6. Cesar Hernandez (S) 2B

7. Keston Hiura ® 2B 7. Odubel Herrera (L) CF

8. Orlando Arcia ® SS 8. Maikel Franco ® 3B

9. Brandon Woodruff (L) P 9. Jerad Eickhoff ® P[/pre]

Brandon Woodruff: Batter (Phillies) vs Pitching Stats

Jerad Eickhoff: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wouldn't be shocked if Huira sits, but if he starts, I also wouldn't be shocked if they plug him into the #8 hole. (or even #9 ala Gamel last night)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Predicted line-up:

Cain

Yelich

Hiura

Moose

Braun

Grandal

Aguilar

Woodruff

Arcia

I can't see them throwing Hiura into the #3 hole in his major league debut. Eventually he has the bat to get there, but it isn't going to be tonight.

Cain

Yelich

Braun

Moose

Aguilar

Grandal

Hiura

Woodruff

Arcia

What's the weather like in Philly tonight? If cold again, I don't think Braun is in the lineup.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I just have a feeling unless Hiura was in Philly early, Keston will ease into things with a PH

New Olreans to Philly is a 3 hour flight. Whether he flew out either late last night or early this morning likely won't matter. I can't see them holding him out of the lineup tonight. He's up to play regularly.

I just have a feeling unless Hiura was in Philly early, Keston will ease into things with a PH

New Olreans to Philly is a 3 hour flight. Whether he flew out either late last night or early this morning likely won't matter. I can't see them holding him out of the lineup tonight. He's up to play regularly.

Right, if they wanted depth they would have called up Spangenberg. Instead they cut him. Pencil in Hiura tonight at 2B.

I will guess

Cain

Yelich

Moose

Braun

Grandal

Aguilar

Hiura

Arcia

Woodruff

Predicted line-up:

Cain

Yelich

Hiura

Moose

Braun

Grandal

Aguilar

Woodruff

Arcia

This top 3 likely won't come tonight but it should soon.

I don't think we see that this year baring Hiura hitting about .350 over his first 100 AB or so. Too many proven big league bats in the lineup to push Hiura into a spot that high in the order.

Line up card Craig.... submit the lineup card.... Tick Tock buddy, people are waitin.

I'll just stare at the MLB lineups page and keep hitting refresh until it appears...

The Rays have their lineup in already, and their game starts a full 5 minutes after ours.... JEEEZ.

Counsell will probably split up the lefties and Grandal so I could see a lineup similar to this:

CF Cain

RF Yelich

LF Braun

3B Moose

1B Aguilar

C Grandal

2B Hiura

SS Arcia

P Woodruff

Aguilar has been playing well recently and I don’t see Counsell putting Hiura in front of Grandal in the order, but that would be the only switch that I think could happen. If Thames is starting at 1st, I would shift Grandal and Hiura up in the order and put Thames 7th behind Hiura.

Counsell will probably split up the lefties and Grandal so I could see a lineup similar to this:

CF Cain

RF Yelich

LF Braun

3B Moose

1B Aguilar

C Grandal

2B Hiura

SS Arcia

P Woodruff

Aguilar has been playing well recently and I don’t see Counsell putting Hiura in front of Grandal in the order, but that would be the only switch that I think could happen. If Thames is starting at 1st, I would shift Grandal and Hiura up in the order and put Thames 7th behind Hiura.

Nailed it! I had Arcia and Woody reversed.

I'm jacked about Hiura being up. Even saying that I don't see him in the 3 hole until next year.

Grandal and Moose expire at years end so its very possible that next year we are looking at

Cain Yelich Hiura Shaw Braun/Thames Aguilar/Gamel C and Arcia.

I really hope we keep moose though.

Cain Yelich Hiura

LHP Braun Aguilar Moose C Arcia

RHP Moose Shaw Gamel C Arcia

Just looks better.

Archived