Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-13: Brewers (Peralta) at Phillies (Nola) [Brewers lose, 7-4 -- Brewers produce 12 hits, 8 walks, and strand 15 on base; Cain has a 5 hit night]

Eye Black
What? Thames is OPSing .850. He definitely belongs right now.

In the short sample size yes, but long term his play style seems to fit the least to me. High K and no flexibility or above average D anywhere really.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe that he's still better than Jesus and Shaw?

Aguilars been hitting well of late and have far more confidence in Shaw snapping out of it than I do in anything Thames does. You want to keep him on the team, fine. I don't think he belongs.

and that's a .550 ops and a sub 625 ops in the lineup over a .850.

Yep, it's not gonna stay that way.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

But let's crap on the guy who put up an 877 and a 783 ops year back to back who hasn't fallen off a cliff? He dropped a ball and shouldn't have to play in the OF where he sucks.

Don't worry the guy who's looked completely lost since the start of the season will rebound though. No signs of it... but he can't stay THIS BAD so I'll go out on a ledge and say he'll get batter. Look he's better he's not swinging.

Until one of them looks mediocre at the plate there is no reason to take Thames off the team.

Disagree. Per fangraphs he's a .5 war player and that was before tonight. He isn't bringing all that much value. Find a trade the second Hiura is ready and move on.

But let's crap on the guy who put up an 877 and a 783 ops year back to back who hasn't fallen off a cliff? He dropped a ball and shouldn't have to play in the OF where he sucks.

I’m not crapping on him, I like the guy. I just think he ends up being the odd man out when Hiura eventually comes up.

But he does have to. This team is built on versatility and he doesn't have it. Nobody crapped on him either. I'm happy you like him. I don't think he brings much value.

I’m not crapping on him, I like the guy. I just think he ends up being the odd man out when Hiura eventually comes up.

Shaw has options. It was also directed at 82 cuz he bases decisions off the last 2 things he saw. Dropped ball, didn't score the runner from 3rd. MISERABLE BUM!

Until one of them looks mediocre at the plate there is no reason to take Thames off the team.

Disagree.

Right. Because he most recently dropped a ball. Travis Shaw has been useless the entire year. Useless.

Small sample. Shaw has been the better player historically and probably will be when things are said and done this year.

Shaw has options.

If he’s not hitting by then I would totally agree. I just expect the bat to get going here soon. Probably at least 2-3 weeks away from Hiura possibly coming up, so I have a feeling by that point it will find a way to sort itself out.

Shaw has options. It was also directed at 82 cuz he bases decisions off the last 2 things he saw. Dropped ball, didn't score the runner from 3rd. MISERABLE BUM!

That's a naive statement. You have no idea what I'm basing my opinion on. I think you're the one that is looking at small sample sizes.

OK, but he isn't right now, in fact he sucks right now, has all year, and Thames has been a lot better.

That's fine. I'll take the guy with the better track record. You can take the "what have you done for me lately approach" There is room for more than one opinion.

Yup dropping a ball isn't a small sample size but 1/4th of a year is.

You can keep repeating that line but that is a small part of why I think what I think. Nice try though.

OK, but he isn't right now, in fact he sucks right now, has all year, and Thames has been a lot better.

That's fine. I'll take the guy with the better track record. You can take the "what have you done for me lately approach" There is room for more than one opinion.

You talk like Shaw and Thames play the same position and are battling each other for PT right now.

We all know Thames is a terrible defender... and worse yet they play him in the OF where he might as well be Santana. It's absurd. That's on CC not Thames. Now Aquilar sucks on defense too so when he's not hitting he's worthless as well. Shaw has shown great things for 2.5 years and he's terribly lost like he was down the stretch of his 1st year.

No one's cutting Shaw but assuming he'll be fine is nonsense. He's had half a year of garbage before at the plate. We can't afford a half a year of garbage. Thames is at least doing what's expected of him. Playing RF and pointing at his war because he's out of position is ridiculous.

You talk like Shaw and Thames play the same position and are battling each other for PT right now.

If Hiura comes up, they will be.

Archived