Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-13: Brewers (Peralta) at Phillies (Nola) [Brewers lose, 7-4 -- Brewers produce 12 hits, 8 walks, and strand 15 on base; Cain has a 5 hit night]

Eye Black
Unless the Brewers can pull this out it is going to be a very bitter, maddening loss. So many golden scoring chances squandered and some misplays in the field to give the Phillies life.

Good thing they have 119 to go after this then.

If there is one thing this board has down pat its small sample size, over hyperbolic, hot takes.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless the Brewers can pull this out it is going to be a very bitter, maddening loss. So many golden scoring chances squandered and some misplays in the field to give the Phillies life.

The Brewers have been advertising that “every game counts”. Last year proved that to be true.

Only scoring 4 runs on 11 hits, several for extra bases, and 8 walks, leaving 14 men on base in 7 innings is going to frustrate me.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

119 to go doesn’t make this better now. He didn’t say anything about the season.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

The Brewers have been advertising that “every game counts”. Last year proved that to be true.

Every team is going to look great in 54 games and crappy in 54 games. It's the remaining 54 that decide who is good. Just gotta hope that this is one of the 54 crappy ones.

Perez looks like a utility player out there in the corner—he’s not exactly a natural. And I’m starting to think it wasn’t just the compensatory pick keeping Grandal’s price down this winter. My goodness. This first quarter of the season has been some kind of trial, and the Crew isn’t doing itself any favors.

Junior was due for this.

Due for an inherited runner after a passed strike 3?

Due for yet another guy we put in the OF who isn't one to blow a catch?

He wasn't sharp by any means but 1 at the most should have scored there.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Perez looks like a utility player out there in the corner—he’s not exactly a natural. And I’m starting to think it wasn’t just the compensatory pick keeping Grandal’s price down this winter. My goodness. This first quarter of the season has been some kind of trial, and the Crew isn’t doing itself any favors.

I keep telling myself that all they have to do is get through the next couple weeks, and it will be time to sink their teeth into that tender June schedule.

I keep telling myself that all they have to do is get through the next couple weeks, and it will be time to sink their teeth into that tender June schedule.

Yeah, I think there are some encouraging signs, still. The pitching is stabilizing a bit after a horrendous start, and despite only plating four runs so far tonight, the offense has been fairly productive. Under normal circumstances, getting sixteen men on will be a pretty good showing. But tonight is just a bit of an exception.

Archived