Brewer Fanatic

Eastern Conference Finals: Milwaukee Bucks vs Toronto Raptors

homer
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I really couldn't tell Brogdon had some weight to lose. I guess I learned something." Would that really be so hard to say? He said it himself. What more could you possibly want?

I could be wrong, but I would guess it's because people are growing tired of the, 'I can tell by looking' thats been going on a lot on these boards lately.

That, and just the non-stop endless "I told you so" posts. Some of them so ridiculous we end up hearing someone bragging about being right about Michael Redd.

And what about the endless "I told you not so" posts in reply? Takes two to tango bro. If a comment from the player himself supporting my assertion is not evidence for you, it's hopeless to have a conversation with you.

There was no comment from the player supporting your assertion. You're taking things and twisting them to an absurd degree to fit your narrative.

Khris Middleton saying he didn't train before he signed his last FA contract FIVE YEARS ago doesn't mean he came back into camp fat. It means he didn't train.

Malcom Brogdon saying he's going to take some time off and then "get back in the gym" and "work on everything," does not support your assertion that and I won't use quotes here because I'm not going to go back and look up the comment, but it does not support you assertion that he's getting so out of shape it's becoming almost an emergency to trade him, comments you made at the trade deadline.

As far as it takes two to tango, you're right. It does take someone replying to you...for the most part. Though you actually found a way to "tango" by yourself by arguing with nobody about Michael Redd and Khris Middleton from 5 years ago.

And yeah, sometimes it is hopeless. It's hopeless to keep arguing about things that people don't agree about.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

There's nowhere for this to go.

That is a very accurate summation of 99.9% of the arguments in this thread.

That's true, but usually, at least they're fun and productive. I don't even remember the disagreement we had about Horst. I remember saying that I had confidence in the Bucks future with Giannis and with Horst, but not where the genesis of this anti-Horst theme started.

The other argument...I'll just say this. I respect CHL. I think he clearly knows sports well. I just don't agree with some views he holds.

but it does not support you assertion that he's getting so out of shape it's becoming almost an emergency to trade him, comments you made at the trade deadline.

I wanted to trade him because of his injury history and because of the Bucks' free agency situation this summer. I did say that I thought his bulk (muscle and a little body fat) contributed to his injuries, and luckily for all Bucks fans I think he probably understands that better than you do, hence his comments about shedding some weight. But I did NOT say him being out of shape was the reason they should trade him. In fact, I actually never even said or implied Brogdon was out of shape. Khris is the one who I said shows lots of signs of being out of shape; Brogdon just needs to get a little quicker and reduce some wear and tear on his lower body.

You don't think it's a little uncanny that Brogdon had yet another pretty serious lower body injury just a few weeks after I said that? And that many Bucks fans who understand the CBA are now talking about how we realistically hope to only lose two recent borderline all-stars for nothing when we probably could have traded Brogdon for a good draft pick and retained everyone else? The argument about trading Brogdon is far from over my friend. This free agency situation is the future I was warning about, and if you think I'm annoying now, wait until his next injury.

but it does not support you assertion that he's getting so out of shape it's becoming almost an emergency to trade him, comments you made at the trade deadline.

I wanted to trade him because of his injury history and because of the Bucks' free agency situation this summer. I did say that I thought his bulk (muscle and a little body fat) contributed to his injuries, and luckily for all Bucks fans I think he probably understands that better than you do, hence his comments about shedding some weight. But I did NOT say him being out of shape was the reason they should trade him. In fact, I actually never even said or implied Brogdon was out of shape. Khris is the one who I said shows lots of signs of being out of shape; Brogdon just needs to get a little quicker and reduce some wear and tear on his lower body.

You don't think it's a little uncanny that Brogdon had yet another pretty serious lower body injury just a few weeks after I said that? And that many Bucks fans who understand the CBA are now talking about how we realistically hope to only lose two recent borderline all-stars for nothing when we probably could have traded Brogdon for a good draft pick and retained everyone else? The argument about trading Brogdon is far from over my friend. This free agency situation is the future I was warning about, and if you think I'm annoying now, wait until his next injury.

Watching him live in person against the Nets and seeing how slow, unathletic, bulky, and old he's already starting to look changed me from normal skepticism to full-on, emergency "trade him for fair value before it's too late" urgency mode.

Certainly sounds like you're talking about him being out of shape here.

I also saw a lot about body fat nonsense when reading that. Very few people actually understand real body fat pct's. But I didn't realize how long this silly discussion had been going or how many people had grown tired of it and just quit already.

I'm gonna do the same here.

What do they expect if I make an observation and they disagree with it and challenge me?

I have no dog in this fight but you could just have said this is my opinion from looking at him and when they "challenge" you, a response could be, "I disagree with you, but I respect your opinion". But that's just me I guess.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived