Brewer Fanatic

Eastern Conference Finals: Milwaukee Bucks vs Toronto Raptors

homer
I will say if they can maintain this level of defense for the next game and a half we will win the series.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very alarming despite the lead. They're going to fall apart if they stop hitting 3's at a remarkable rate.

And so is Toronto. They're hitting at nearly an identical rate. VanVleets been hitting these without much pressure. Second half, close game, I just don't think he's going to keep hitting. And if he does, there's really not much you can do.

The only issue I have is that there have been a couple of long rebounds that have come off to Bled and he hasn't pushed it. That and it feels like the Bucks are to tentative going up for shots around the rim. Giannis needs to explode up, ball on both hands and just power it in there on that play he threw it into the back court.

The Bucks win when they have a big rebounding disparity.

I'm feeling good about the Bucks. I get why others don't, but Giannis, despite his misses isn't short arming them, the ball movement is better and Giannis isn't taking the ball from the top of the key AS MUCH.

Giannis has been a non factor this series. Horst needs to find a sharpshooter during the off season. Middleton can't be your second best player.

So much of what you say has almost ZERO basis in reality it's almost comical.

He's really been a "non-factor?" Un-real.

Hard to complain about the refs tonight. They missed a pretty obvious double dribble by Hill and you've got 4 and 3 foulds on Ibaka and Gasol.

If VanVleet stops hitting, we're fine.

The ONE thing I don't get is their inability to score in the paint. Brogdon and Hill are doing it, but Bledsoe and Giannis are rushing shots or passing them up. They just need to go up strong and they're good.

At some point you have to get a hand in VanVleet's face

They have just about every time he's hasn't shot it from 4 feet outside the 3 point line.

I also saw the Giannis-non factor comment. I won't even post what I thought about that.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I don't have a ton of confidence that we'll be able to win a close game. 6 at half is peanuts. We had our chances to maintain momentum and just did not have a very good 2nd.

We played very good D, we got to the loose balls, VanVleet is just hitting them from 30 feet. There's not much you're going to be able to do if he keeps that up.

But the Bucks are playing hard, they look like they're playing more confident and as long as we can start out the 3rd strong, we'll be alright.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Giannis is subject to criticism. Really screws up the pace and tempo when he looks for offense that clearly isn't there. Just keep moving the ball and trust your shooters, even though they haven't shot well until today.

Non-factor though? Oof.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I mean, even if he doesn't score at all, he's a HUGE factor just because of all the attention he gets, which creates so many open 3's. He's still their most valuable offensive player by far for that reason.

Yep ... just because he's not pumping in 40 points a game doesn't mean he's not a huge factor.

Did he just call the bucks one of the better free throw shooting teams?
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

This is essentially both teams at near their best. The Bucks are 50% from three, better than they've been in any loss. And the Raptors are at 44%, which I don't think they've hit all series. The Bucks have been pretty dominant on the glass and that's the separation at the moment. Playing well defensively, but they've been at least solid there in most of the games.

I kinda wish there was someone who looked at stuff like that and could change a call right away.
Remember what Yoda said:

Archived