Brewer Fanatic

Eastern Conference Finals: Milwaukee Bucks vs Toronto Raptors

homer
Bucks just beat by a better team tonight. This series is making me think that a lot of people have over-rated the Bucks. Me included.

I don't think they were over-rated. When a team wins 60 games you aren't over-rated. This team right now does NOT look like the team we watched all season long. They came upon a team that is hitting their stride at the right time and got kicked in the teeth every time they made even a small mistake. Perhaps we peaked too soon? I will say this - I don't think either team in the East will beat GS anyway. Let's hope they learn from this and come back in October older and wiser. :(

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say this:

If you can find a way to win game 6, everything changes. Momentum, confidence, everything, excitement level it back up, you're back home and feeling good again.

I just think we need a game where everything goes wrong for Toronto and that has just not been happening.

Game 3 is going to haunt Milwaukee for a long time. There will be a lot of rah rah great year we have Giannis talk when people are coping with this Saturday but the stars aligned for the Bucks to have the offense they did this season. Hard to see that happening again.

Just another gut punch. Not quite as bad as the NLCS but somewhere between that one of 10 Packers playoff meltdowns.

Man I am so disappointed. Sometimes it just feels like a cursed lifestyle being a Wisconsin sports fan. I had us mentally already up against Golden State when we were up 2-0. I think honestly 95% of us did.

Makes you wonder how much of the team was mentally doing that as well.

I was actually more confident because I don't think Giannis was part of that group that may have believed that.

I'm still going so grateful we have a monster like Giannis in Milwaukee and at least as of now, happy to be here and happy to stay here.

And I'm pretty confident in our GM to figure things out.

Bucks just beat by a better team tonight. This series is making me think that a lot of people have over-rated the Bucks. Me included.

I don't think they were over-rated. When a team wins 60 games you aren't over-rated. This team right now does NOT look like the team we watched all season long. They came upon a team that is hitting their stride at the right time and got kicked in the teeth every time they made even a small mistake. Perhaps we peaked too soon? I will say this - I don't think either team in the East will beat GS anyway. Let's hope they learn from this and come back in October older and wiser. :(

I don't think either team will beat them. But like 2001, I feel the Buicks would make it more exciting for everyone outside Toronto. And that sucks. They simply don't have the personnel to wall off Giannis.

Kudos to the Raptors, but that Warriors lineup isn't going to miss shots like we have. IMO that's a five game series tops.

And lets keep in mind Toronto was not exactly Boston this year...a talented team that struggled. They won 58 games while resting Kawhi a whole lot and adding a stud in Gasol.

Now we added Mirotic, but he's been a huge liability this off-season.

To me it was never about beating GS. Obviously I would be disappointed about losing to GS but I would be thrilled to see the Bucks in the Finals. And that would be such great experience for our guys and go a long ways toward keeping our core. Not believing we had much of a shot against the Warriors won't be any consolation for me. I'll be much more disappointed to not reach the Finals than to lose in the Finals.

Very simply, Giannis hasn't played like the MVP this series, Kawhi has.

As for Lopez, all things being equal move on from him. But all things aren't equal.

There's no slit to replace him, they'll be over the cap if they sign Kris. Even very close if they don't. No money for any FA. That leaves them with literally no big men at all.

Just not sure how a 24-year old can always be so tired.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

We'll see how much fortitude this team has now. Back is up against the wall.

Their backs were against the wall before tonight's game and as adambr2 said "They're not winning in Toronto with their entire season on the line if they couldn't even protect their homecourt." I don't even want to witness the next game and listen to those fans in full throat cheering. :tongue

Despite what the so called experts say, I really don't think we can duplicate the success we had this year again with the team we have now. As I said before, Toronto is providing a blueprint on how to stop not only Giannis, but the Bucks offense as well. And with all the talk of free agency such as Durant and Kyrie going to New York and building a superteam in the blink of an eye like only the NBA can do, the East is going to be even tougher. We obviously can't afford to sign a megastar to take Middleton's place so we'll be forced to overpay to keep him because there are no better realistic options. And it looks like Bledsoe's contract will be a bad one. Two years in a row he has disappeared in the postseason.

Just not sure how a 24-year old can always be so tired.

The idea behind it was to keep him fresh for the postseason. That may have backfired because now we're seeing a guy who's gassed because he's playing more than the 33 minutes per game he averaged this season. Maybe he needs to play more minutes next season.

Despite what the so called experts say, I really don't think we can duplicate the success we had this year again with the team we have now. As I said before, Toronto is providing a blueprint on how to stop not only Giannis, but the Bucks offense as well. And with all the talk of free agency such as Durant and Kyrie going to New York and building a superteam in the blink of an eye like only the NBA can do, the East is going to be even tougher. We obviously can't afford to sign a megastar to take Middleton's place so we'll be forced to overpay to keep him because there are no better realistic options. And it looks like Bledsoe's contract will be a bad one. Two years in a row he has disappeared in the postseason.

It's been an incredibly frustrating year for Milwaukee sports fans because we have great teams that just can't seem to break through and play for a championship. The Brewers were right there but could not get it done. It looks like the Bucks will follow suit.

And as you alluded to you are never guaranteed these opportunities again. You might be back in the conference finals again next year or it might be 20 years. You can speak all you want about young talent but you just never know how long it will be. We could see a super team in New York or Boston. You have to seize the moments when they're right there in front of you. You can never count on getting back.

Toronto isn't providing a "blueprint." Literally anyone who follows basketball knows that right now you force Giannis outside. It's a lot harder to do than it sounds. The roster was literally built for that purpose, to surround him with shooters so that even if you did it, they would still beat you shooting threes.

We've consistently not hit shots this series, putting more pressure on him than usual. If it was as simple as building a Giannis wall then Giannis would suck because he's pretty blah from the perimeter.

However, I agree with the rest. The complexion of the league will be way different. I doubt 60 wins happens again, but it doesn't necessarily have to. I'm one that thinks it's really hard to get back to where they are, so I'm pretty devasted. But one silver living if you can call it that, is that if they do get back here it's not likely GSW is the same juggernaut they are now. Should be a little better distribution across the league

I haven't smoked a cigarette in 375 days but came awfully close after the game tonight.

Up 12 on your court in the 2nd half, you gotta be able to put your opponent away and they couldn't do it.

I really thought when Lopez hit that 3 to tie it at 93 we were gonna do it. But then that was it.

The overturned shot clock violation and overturned Brogdon turnover in the final minute were killers.

I'd be nice to see a game where Gasol and Ibaka aren't allowed to arm bar rebounders without getting a single call. I oddly thought that since we had the MVP that we'd get calls our way like I was told happens, and I've seen happen, for years when MKE played against teams with stars.

No, You can maul Giannis and can't touch Ibaka or Lowry. Frankly, this series has almost been as disgustingly officiated as the Saints Rams NFC championship where the side line ref rode the saints all game until he basically decided the game for the Rams.

If you don't think ratings matter to these leagues, you are out of your mind. Clearly Drake and Canada vs the Warriors has been deemed the bigger draw. It's pretty sickening. Since game 3's start the refs have been 70-30 70-30 and 60-40 Toronto. Then they flop and whine link a Spanish soccer team, act like every call vs them is a travesty, and the refs have catered.

Very few teams are good enough to overcome that vs high level competition.

I haven't smoked a cigarette in 375 days but came awfully close after the game tonight.

Oh, don't you worry I took your share and I'm not close to done.

2 massive complaints of MKE.

1, why have they not realized you can't switch Lopez onto any shooter or guard?

2, why is every outlet pass brutally off target?

Up 12 on your court in the 2nd half, you gotta be able to put your opponent away and they couldn't do it.

I really thought when Lopez hit that 3 to tie it at 93 we were gonna do it. But then that was it.

The overturned shot clock violation and overturned Brogdon turnover in the final minute were killers.

Don't forget the arm bar by Gasol to get him the rebound on the non-shot clock TO. The offensive basket interference no call... another Saikam double dribble at the 3 point line not seen. ETC. The calls aren't going our way. I thought that was a Toronto home court thing... nope. Slant the court. Just sickening.

This is so ridiculous. So Durant and Kyrie are going to go to New York(a HUGE assumption) and that team is suddenly going to be able to beat the Bucks and build a "super team." You think just having Durant and Kyrie will make them a superteam? The only chance that there's going to be a better "superteam" in the NBA next year better than the GSW is if both KD and Kawhi go to the Clippers, and then even still you have a 30 year old Durant playing along side a guy in Kawhi who is constantly injured and they're in the west.

Meanwhile, the guy who's improved immensely every year he's been in the league won't get any better?

The young team that's making it's first deep run is now done because they're down 3-2 in the ECF's vs Toronto?

And stop it with this "blueprint on how to stop Giannis." You have said it before(many-many times). Everyone knows what to do to stop Giannis, only ONE team has Kawhi and they haven't been able to "stop" anyone, they've slowed him down.

This is a young team learning how to win. They'll keep their core in place. This apocalyptic crap is ridiculous.

This same team with a few adjustments that are going to be necessary will be able to compete. How Giannis improves as well as some other young guys will be a determining factor.

And Bledsoe is so far away from being a "bad" contract it's absurd. First team all NBA defensive player. He's 29 years old and on a team friendly contract. Kyle Lowry was choked in the post-season for years(not post-season necessarily, but deep in the post-season). And Bledsoe is younger and signed to a far more team friendly contract.

The sky is not falling. We MIGHT not make it to the finals THIS season, but it's laughable to suggest that we can't win with this team moving forward. Especially given what Giannis has done every year as I said and what our GM has been able to do.

You don't think there are going to be players who want to play with Giannis?

We have one of the most dominant young players in the NBA. And if you'll recall, there was a similar "blueprint" on how to stop LeBron earlier in his career. But players like Giannis learn, evolve and improve.

Unless of course you think this is as good as Giannis is going to get and that he's done improving and he will inexplicably get worse at the age of 24 and start to decline and our GM who's pulled off some almost miraculous trades will suddenly not be able to evaluate talent.

Come on man, Horst was a joke hire and now that he's not puking on himself he's getting labelled a genius. He's simply held his own. He's no genius. Giving up a 1st to get zero short term cap relief in going from Delly and Henson to Hill is nothing special. Mirotic for a million 2nds isn't either. This is an average GM doing average things. Not a dumb GM signing Plumlee for 12/5.

Every informed buck fan has been begging our GM to sign guys like PatC and Lopez on cheap filler deals. Instead, we've watched Plums Snell Delly etc deals and that's an F- grade. Being a C looks much better than an F- but it doesn't make you a genius.

DJ Wilson looking playable does not excuse the fact that he was selected ahead of John Collins and Jarrett Allen.

The genius GM in on the Brewers, not the Bucks.

Toronto isn't providing a "blueprint." Literally anyone who follows basketball knows that right now you force Giannis outside. It's a lot harder to do than it sounds. The roster was literally built for that purpose, to surround him with shooters so that even if you did it, they would still beat you shooting threes.

We've consistently not hit shots this series, putting more pressure on him than usual. If it was as simple as building a Giannis wall then Giannis would suck because he's pretty blah from the perimeter.

However, I agree with the rest. The complexion of the league will be way different. I doubt 60 wins happens again, but it doesn't necessarily have to. I'm one that thinks it's really hard to get back to where they are, so I'm pretty devasted. But one silver living if you can call it that, is that if they do get back here it's not likely GSW is the same juggernaut they are now. Should be a little better distribution across the league

C'mon man, first of all, this series is NOT over.

But I get why people are giving up on this year. What I don't get is the pessimism for the future. When you have a force like Giannis, you're going to be in contention year to year.

When you surround him with players like Brogdon, Middleton, as well as other shooters, I don't see why they wouldn't be back. I get what happened the last time we made it this far, but we had a coach with the ego the size of Lake Michigan and we didn't have ONE star who could even tough Giannis and those guys weren't still ascending.

Nothing about Giannis has changed. Nothing about Coach Bud and this system has changed. If Fred Van-friggin-Vleet doesn't hit 10 of 12 3's the last 2 games, after barely shooting 10 pct, we're going back to Toronto to close them out. That didn't happen, but this wasn't suppose to be THE year the Bucks really took off anyway.

I don't know how they'll build their roster moving forward, I don't know if they'll find a way to sign Hill to a reasonable deal or if they'll try and pick up someone like Rondo to be that backup playoff tested PG, but I do trust our GM and more importantly, in a sport where having one historically great young player means everything, I trust Giannis.

C'mon man, first of all, this series is NOT over.

But I get why people are giving up on this year. What I don't get is the pessimism for the future. When you have a force like Giannis, you're going to be in contention year to year.

When you surround him with players like Brogdon, Middleton, as well as other shooters, I don't see why they wouldn't be back. I get what happened the last time we made it this far, but we had a coach with the ego the size of Lake Michigan and we didn't have ONE star who could even tough Giannis and those guys weren't still ascending.

Nothing about Giannis has changed. Nothing about Coach Bud and this system has changed. If Fred Van-friggin-Vleet doesn't hit 10 of 12 3's the last 2 games, after barely shooting 10 pct, we're going back to Toronto to close them out. That didn't happen, but this wasn't suppose to be THE year the Bucks really took off anyway.

I don't know how they'll build their roster moving forward, I don't know if they'll find a way to sign Hill to a reasonable deal or if they'll try and pick up someone like Rondo to be that backup playoff tested PG, but I do trust our GM and more importantly, in a sport where having one historically great young player means everything, I trust Giannis.

The difference moving forward isn't going to be us. It's going to be a super team from New York, or Boston, etc. that could end up rivaling the LeBron/Wade Heat or the LeBron Cavs and just make it more of a nightmare to get out of the East than it already is. This year was our shot.

Archived