Brewer Fanatic

Eastern Conference Finals: Milwaukee Bucks vs Toronto Raptors

homer
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't want to overstate this but Giannis has not been an MVP this series. A cursory glance at the box score and he looks better than he's been. But just on eye test if you've been watching, he's been extremely disappointing. They have really minimized him and it's really impressive but incredibly frustrating to watch

No surprise this game is tied. The Bucks are going nowhere, in this game or the next one, unless Giannis snaps out of his funk. At least in Game 3 he was awesome on defense and the boards. He has been unbelievably passive on both ends tonight. Extremely concerning.

I don't want to overstate this but Giannis has not been an MVP this series. A cursory glance at the box score and he looks better than he's been. But just on eye test if you've been watching, he's been extremely disappointing. They have really minimized him and it's really impressive but incredibly frustrating to watch

He hasn't been as good, he's been forcing some things, but I think he'd look a lot better if Mirotic wasn't taking such ridiculous shots.

My only issue with him has been driving a little out of control.

I would say that you can still see what Giannis needs to improve upon, but at least he's not playing up an injury so he has a build in excuse.

No surprise this game is tied. The Bucks are going nowhere, in this game or the next one, unless Giannis snaps out of his funk. At least in Game 3 he was awesome on defense and the boards. He has been unbelievably passive on both ends tonight. Extremely concerning.

We're watching totally different games...

More Brogdon, less Bledsoe in the second half.

I'd just play it by ear. He's so good defensively and he's been better tonight. He got blasted on that errant pass/shot/whatever it was on the baseline and then they come back and call a ticky-tac foul on us.

Both he and Giannis are missing shots at the hoop that they normally make. It's like they're too worried about Toronto's big men when they're both outstanding around the rim.

One post later I said he picked it up. Before that I was correct.

The good news is that we're capable of playing far better than we played in the first half and we're still up 3.

The bad news is we haven't played the way we're capable of lately.

Normally this kind of a setting and game trend I'd expect us to wear them down, make a run and pull away in the late 3rd/early 4th. But that kind of thing has been totally out the window this series so I really have no idea what to expect.

One post later I said he picked it up. Before that I was correct.

Agree to disagree. I don't think it changes that much in one play.

The good news is that we're capable of playing far better than we played in the first half and we're still up 3.

The bad news is we haven't played the way we're capable of lately.

Normally this kind of a setting and game trend I'd expect us to wear them down, make a run and pull away in the late 3rd/early 4th. But that kind of thing has been totally out the window this series so I really have no idea what to expect.

That's how it went for both teams in their blowouts.

Mirotic has flown a bit under the radar, but last year he was great in the playoffs. This series he's been atrocious. He's taking Steph type shots.

The Raps have been generating better shots consistently so far and Giannis has a look I'm very familiar with from Simmons (not wanting to get fouled because he's not confident in his free throws.

What on Earth has Giannis done that suggest that? Webber made this comment and it made zero sense to me. He's attacking and they're playing him extremely physical.

Bledsoe has been fine tonight. He's getting inside and his mid-range is hitting. Couple dumb passes, but he's been fine.

You never like to see your distributor turn the ball over 4 times in a half. Shooting far better today though.

Archived