Brewer Fanatic

Eastern Conference Finals: Milwaukee Bucks vs Toronto Raptors

homer
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Free throw shooting will be the death of the Bucks yet.

No. Not defending the 3 will. Another 20% from the line isn't enough points with all they give up on open looks from the perimeter. Could see this coming all season long. Can they overcome it? I suppose. But it will be why they lose, if they lose.

Never twll me again playoff pressure isn't a "thing." Too many guys freaking out, doing stupid things. Just not running the offense, our of position too often on defense. Tip of the hat to Toronto, but this is not a good luck.

No. Not defending the 3 will. Another 20% from the line isn't enough points with all they give up on open looks from the perimeter. Could see this coming all season long. Can they overcome it? I suppose. But it will be why they lose, if they lose.

It isn't though. They've done that all year, with the difference being they've made their own threes. They are bricking a ton of wide open looks. This game is like most of their games if they're hitting half of those.

Well if we are just going to miss open shots then we might as well skip the 6th and board the plane to Milwaukee.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

The shooting percentage is practically even right now.34.6 to 34.4 from three, 46.9 to 46.7 from two. Free throws are 68.4 to 88.5

Toronto 10/30 from 3, its not the reason no matter how many times you say it.

It isn't though. They've done that all year, with the difference being they've made their own threes. They are bricking a ton of wide open looks. This game is like most of their games if they're hitting half of those.

But when they lost 22 games during the regular season, why? Because they didn't defend the 3 and the other team hit while they didn't. Defend the 3, even if it gives up a few more in the paint and this is still a game. Mirotic backing off Powell to just let him take it, isn't good defense or tactics and you'll never convince me otherwise despite going 60-22. Eventually a team is going to hit and hit and hit and you'll lose 4 of 7 playing this way.

Not being able to pull out double OT the other day could end up being far more costly than we ever imagined. Reminds me of Game 4 of the NLCS when we were deep in extra innings and had a chance to put the Dodgers on their backs and go within a game of punching our tickets and we just couldn't do it. We all shrugged it off and moved onto the next game but we never recaptured the momentum after that.

Archived