Brewer Fanatic

Clayton Andrews

Chris Dula was signed as a free agent and the boards went nuts over his 99mph heater. Sadly, he is sitting on 20+ walks/9 and an ERA over 20 as well.

Clayton Andrews is the anti-Dula. He is Tim Collins small and a pocket lefty that might not be able to actually hang a curve up (I kid). His 2.16 ERA, 1.080 WHIP, and 15.12K/9 are no joke and at 22 he is still young for HiA ball (-1.2yrs below the mean age).

Seeing as we lack LHPs and controllable talent is at a premium, doesn't he deserve a promotion soon? Can't he be seen as a player on the rise, a player with top 30 potential...and if not, is it at least partially due to bias? The former DirtBag has the CV to pull it off and I am sure people have been counting him out his whole life...

I think he needs a closer look.

Chris Dula was signed as a free agent and the boards went nuts over his 99mph heater. Sadly, he is sitting on 20+ walks/9 and an ERA over 20 as well.

Clayton Andrews is the anti-Dula. He is Tim Collins small and a pocket lefty that might not be able to actually hang a curve up (I kid). His 2.16 ERA, 1.080 WHIP, and 15.12K/9 are no joke and at 22 he is still young for HiA ball (-1.2yrs below the mean age).

Seeing as we lack LHPs and controllable talent is at a premium, doesn't he deserve a promotion soon? Can't he be seen as a player on the rise, a player with top 30 potential...and if not, is it at least partially due to bias? The former DirtBag has the CV to pull it off and I am sure people have been counting him out his whole life...

CC got a good look, he pitched him numerous times in ST. Another potential Claudio with better stuff.

CC got a good look, he pitched him numerous times in ST. Another potential Claudio with better stuff.

supposedly a good athlete as well, because didn't some teams value his outfield play more than pitching?

I've always thought Andrews could be the next Hader...

But Andrews, along with some other recent picks, makes me wonder if the Brewers have decided to look outside the box of "Big power pitchers" to "just find the guys who get outs."

Suter was the first, but there's Zavolas, Andrews, Lazar, Sunitsch... a host of non-conventional pitchers who could be very valuable, and who slip into later rounds of the draft.

Archived