Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-12: Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Lester) [Brewers lose, 4-1]

Eye Black
Should have left Braun in at 1st to get an extra at bat from him.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Brewers offense isn’t well suited for cold, wet conditions with the wind blowing in.

I don't think any offense is well suited for that. I don't think many pitchers are well suited to pitch in that. Like you said, its the same for both sides.

Andy Fletcher has been in the league 20 years and has only worked 1 single playoff game. No real mystery as to why.

They should get a pay deduction for every missed call.

That way the really bad ones would be out of umpiring due to lack of funds.

A plausible, worst-case scenario for tonight would have been a loss coupled with rain delays, multiple used-up relievers, and a late arrival in Philly. At least that other stuff didn’t happen.

Another double play. Gross.

Hitting into a boat load of double plays was the biggest factor in losing that series than anything else. We got guys on base enough but couldn't get the clutch hit when we needed it. I have no issues with the pitching and that was my concern going into Wrigley. Let's hope the bats wake up in Philly tonight.

Sorry announcer lady...in todays game that was a terrible slider.

Todays hitters swings are geared for that pitch.

Who is this woman announcer for ESPN? What are her credentials that make her qualified to be in that booth? I don't mind having gals call these games but I was just wondering....

If I remember correctly that was the strike to Arcia that should have made it 3-0. That was just a huge missed call

I can live with these lousy umps if they call it the same for both teams. :tongue When folks aren't grousing about the strike zone you know the ump is doing a good job.

I think they’re right to criticize Aguilar’s base-running on that play to home. He may have been out regardless, but he never really gave himself a chance between the lack of anticipation for a ball in play and the fact he kept looking back at the ball as he was “running”.

His base running this year has been brutal at times.

Verified Member
Sorry announcer lady...in todays game that was a terrible slider.

Todays hitters swings are geared for that pitch.

Who is this woman announcer for ESPN? What are her credentials that make her qualified to be in that booth? I don't mind having gals call these games but I was just wondering....

I'm not really a fan. Actually, I would be okay with a woman play-by-play announcer. It just seems weird to have an analyst for a sport that they never played (Softball is close, sure...still not baseball. Little League doesn't quite count either)

Archived