Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-12: Brewers (Chacín) at Cubs (Lester) [Brewers lose, 4-1]

Eye Black
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Gah. Well made him throw a lot of pitches at least.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Incredible that these umpires think they are good. This guy is awful.

This might be the worst plate game by an ump for a Brewers game this year.

I loved how, a few innings earlier, Lester got a call that didn't even scrape the bottom of the zone according to ESPN's tracker. The announcer just laughed and said "well, I guess that hit the very bottom of the zone"

"That ain't Chuckie's game. Chuckie hacks on 2-0."

Grandal is one of those catchers where the defensive metrics just don't meet the eye test at all. I was all about improving the offense at that position, full disclosure, but I'm really not sure how much I'm really going to miss him next year.

I loved how, a few innings earlier, Lester got a call that didn't even scrape the bottom of the zone according to ESPN's tracker. The announcer just laughed and said "well, I guess that hit the very bottom of the zone"

If I remember correctly that was the strike to Arcia that should have made it 3-0. That was just a huge missed call

If I remember correctly that was the strike to Arcia that should have made it 3-0. That was just a huge missed call

That's the one, heinous call in a critical at-bat

"That ain't Chuckie's game. Chuckie hacks on 2-0."

Archived