Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-10: Brewers (González) at Cubs (Quintana) [Brewers win, 7-0 -- Five hurlers combine to pitch shutout]

Eye Black
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member
Who is our mop up reliever? I'd rather save Guerra. Houser? Smith?

Against the Cubs I dont know if I go to a mop up reliever unless we are up 7 or more. Go Guerra again and then maybe save Hader if needed but the Cubs can score in bunches.

Knowing that Hader is there if needed makes the switch possible, but Guerra another inning wouldn't be bad.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I think they holding houser back for Peralta game, probably Smith.

A couple months from now our pen should be so strong it could be jeffress.

If they are holding a reliever back just for Peralta’s start, I think that’s a mistake. It leaves the pen continuously short handed.

I think they holding houser back for Peralta game, probably Smith.

A couple months from now our pen should be so strong it could be jeffress.

If they are holding a reliever back just for Peralta’s start, I think that’s a mistake. It leaves the pen continuously short handed.

Actually, they pitched him a couple days before his opener, so he could pitch I think.

Cub fans incredulous that Baez could be rung up on a pitch right down the middle.

I'm a tad incredulous that he took it, lol. I mean...thanks!! But what are you looking for up there? Fastball right down the middle...

Verified Member
Chris Hook with his 7th straight dominant coaching performance. First place at this stage after playing this schedule is a kind surprise I'll be happy with one more win this weekend, but a sweep would be grand.

That has to be the most pleasing win of the season. Picking up a win at Wrigley is great any time, but a shutout against a team that has been hot and scoring without home runs is very nice. The sac flies by Gamel and Grandal were my two favorite ABs of the game.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived