Brewer Fanatic

2019-05-10: Brewers (González) at Cubs (Quintana) [Brewers win, 7-0 -- Five hurlers combine to pitch shutout]

Eye Black
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heard a lot of cheers on the Braun homer and a lot of Mooooooooooooooosssseeee on the Moustakas double. Nice!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I just chewed out my HS player in our last game for doing what Perez just did on a first pitch offspeed pitch. Just poor approach.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Game will probably end 1-0.

Good thing the Brewers lined up their lefty starters to face the Cubs this series

Moose is hitting lefties pretty good, it seems.

Questions are a burden.   And answers a prison for one's self.

Braun is now T30th all-time with 38 career HRs against the Cubs. Willie Mays is #1 with 92. Hank Aaron #2 with 87

I can't wait for Braun to break that record next season.

All that talk of Braun being DFA'd or benched is starting to look silly. I kind of figured he'd be the same guy he's been for a while. Terrible in relation to his salary, but still an aging OFer flirting with an .800 OPS. You can do worse.

Eh, he's still been replacement level this year, he's got a little ways to go yet, but the last week or two have been very nice. I think benched just has implied a platoon, and I can understand that with the way Gamel has played.

The return of his power has been exciting. He just needs to continue to draw the walks, that's one thing that he was really struggling with early.

They felt it was important to preserve the lead.

I'm starting to wonder if Burnes just isn't one of those guys who is going to be much better suited in relief, which I never would have imagined a year ago.

Archived